cichlids

eaglet

Any cichlid keepers out there? I've just started keeping them again after a long time and am out of practice.Advise please. I've a 36"x18"x15" tank. I put in 3 Brichardi's a week ago, I've now put in 4 Ocellatus & a Multipunctatus (cat). Since the new entrants the Brichardi won't let them away from the top layers of the tank without attacking them. Is this a time thing or should I lose the Brichardi?????????? HELP.

Cheers Eaglet

hi,

your tank is a good size for those species,but do you have enough hiding spots.if you can create as many caves and add as many shell as you can.the ocellatus are very fond of shell ands they will live in them,making it somewhat of a house.add

at least 4 shells for each ocellatus so they have a good number to pick from.if you can get another

catfish if possible as the other one will be alot less shy.brichardi are very peacefull fish most of the time,maybe they are getting ready to spawn

for you.all in all more hinding spots and maybe the addition of some dither fish will take care of your aggresion problems.if that dosent work

take the brichardi out rearange the tank with the ocellatus and catfish inside,and re add the brichardi.

Thanks for the reply to Cichlids. I've already done the hidings spots/shells etc. but the ocellatus aren't even allowed to get near them maybe I should remove the brichardi, but that would mean, pretty much destriying the setup!!!!