Tactics for this time of month?

andrewk96

Hi, havent been fishing for a while now, and was considering a 24 hr session up on a local lake

was just wondering if you guys could give me any tips?

-where to fish?

- what bait to use?

_rig sytems?

- JUST ANYTHING !!

Any tips would be appreciated thanks

Andy

What species are you fishing for?

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

IM ging to presume its for carp but it all depends where you are fishing to be honest

at the moment for where i fish less is more, the more food i put in the less bites i get

Edited by cupra
tlc.png

Cupra,

You're not on a cell phone twitter. I had to go get my 14 yr/old to read your post to me. Some of us are REALLY old.

wk96,

Certainly it would be nice to know what you have in mind for species. However, a catch anything session would require a location with a bit more information than "local lake". In the US eventhough the water is warming nicely we don't have enough daylight yet to be aggresive. Cupra is right - less will be the right way to start.

Phone

(We did gain an hour of daylight since daylight savings time went into effect. That will help)

Sorry Phone, I've edited my post for you and will try to keep it in mind when posting :)

Our daylight saving starts on the 25th of march so not long but that doesnt gain us any sunglight hours it just means its an hour later to get light and an hour later to get dark so nothing is gained just the usual 2 mins per day

Edited by cupra
tlc.png

Finding the fish is the most important thing mate. Do a few laps of the lake, talk to other anglers and try to find out where fish have come from recently. I wouldn't set up until you have something to go on. When you've found them, fish for them accordingly... single pop ups on hinged stiff rigs have done the business for me this year.

In my experience they're waking up fast but aren't getting on beds of bait yet.. one bait in the right place would be better than a kilo in the wrong place.