solids handling pond pumps

butiaboy

i need some advice on witch pump to get as i am stuck between a trident maximus 4000 & an aquamax 3500 :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

solids handling pond pumps

[ 15. January 2004, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: butiaboy ]

my favourite fishing spot

2008_0801craig0051.jpg

chesterfield canal chesterfield

i find the descriptions a little confusing :confused: filters that filter out fine particles but allow 8mm bits through,

and how can an impeller chop anything small enough to let it go through a fountain :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I agree ...

Pumps that pass large solids will sooner or later choke up your filter, and your fountain.

I have an old stainless steel sieve place in front of my pump inlet. It's a simple matter to just lift it off when it gets a bit blocked, and just tap it out on the rockery. Easy ! :D

The Older I get .. The better I was.

there are some in the the warehousedirect catalogue . . they are called dirty water pumps and sell from around 25 quid up, one wiht the float is around 30 odd . .

they might cost a bit more to run but have a two year gaurantee and are quite quite, plus come with an adaptor for most sizes of hose

hey waddaya know I can spell tomato !