koi

me

i recently bought a silver japanese koi for £5 its only a baby and around 3 inches long. Does anyone know how big these grow. I have a pond which is roughly 2m long by 1m wide by 2.5ft deep.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Hi Me ...

Koi, of course, belong to the carp family.

They can live to a great age, and grow to a considerable size. 40lb plus.

Size is governed by the food avaliable, as well as the space and conditions that the fish is living in.

In a pond your size the growth of your Koi will be restricted.

Enjoy !!

The Older I get .. The better I was.

Depends on pedigree & strain of koi, some grow a lot bigger than others.

Either way, keep your water quality right & give him plenty of quality food & you'll end up with a homegrown monster.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

your fish should grow no problems. i put some new stockies in my pond last year and they have grown massivley this year ( from 3inches to about 8-10 inches over this summer) i have a friend who had a small stocking in his pond and they acctually spawned one year. only one fish managed to survive, and he is now weighing over 3lbs. he has a small pond, so it just shows you.!