Any reason why...

Howard 13

a PC CD from the states shouldn't work over here?

I've just received a a game, but it won't work.

It seems to install OK, but when you press play all you get is a blank screen.

This might be a stupid question. :confused:

Cheers,

HB.

It should do fine so something else is going on. Would help to know what game, what OS you run, and what video board.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

it may as newt suggests be trying to run in a mode your monitor cannot emulate , if there is a setup section for vid , sound etc put it to basic and work up , there maybe in the keyboard section of controls that determine the screen dimentions try the least or 800x600 in 16bit

i remember on my old specky having to upgrade the memory from 16k to 48k to run new games , i see now that my once powerfull vid card with 64 MB is now the minimum required :( by some games

[ 25. April 2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Thankyou Newt/Chesters.

I should have said its not a hi spec game, it's only Scrabble so I guess I must have a faulty disc. My OS is XP Pro and my PC spec is well above minimum requirement.

I emailed the company, and to be fair they did reply promptly offering me another disc if I send it back. Sort of takes away any savings though. :(

Thanks again.

HB.

If you want scrabble for the PC try here

http://download.freeverse.com/

It is an american site so it might use the american dictionary But to my knowledge it is free and you can add your own words to the dictionary. there are loads of other games to.

Just incase you try it i downloaded the http site download and it was a corupt zip file the ftp download is slower but it works Or if you want the proper thing then it is on Kazaa but that would be pirate software so i only use it to look of course.

[ 27. April 2003, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: will this name be ok ]