Transfer of domain names

I have just been informed that because my domain host has just tried to defraud me to the tune of around £60 :mad: and I took offence to this, :confused: they have now decided to cancel ALL my domains :mad: and I have to find sonmeone to host them by the 25th of May. Now whilst this may seem like small beer to some!!??I have no idea how to do this!! I am with Ntlworld and I know they will host me but I am unable to even find out how to do this simple task!! Please any help?? and in simple (women like!!) instructions!!

I have around 12 different domains I do use, but could probably shed a few if it was going to cost me to have them hosted elsewhere.

Heres hoping!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris,

Do you need them to just point at your NTL space, or do you acyuially need them hosted?

I park all my domains with www.123-reg.co.uk these days.

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hiya Elton. I suppose ostensibly I could just have them all pointing to my ntl address in the short term. But ultimately I would prefer to have them all going to there own address?

Whats cost like Elton?? I have 9 domains and would have to keep 6 as a bare minimum.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

To renew UK domains and have all the mail forwarding, web forwarding, etc. costs £5.99+ VAT. I think that's for two years.

Are all the domains different sites that are hosted in different packages at the moment?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I pay £100 per year for my hosting and you get unlimited web space, bandwidth pop 3 e-mails so you could just have the one host parking all site on the one server with there URL's pointing towards that folder. So example would be

www.uk-carp.com/index.html

www.uk-carp.com/second-site/

www.uk-carp.com/third-site

So on so fourth

[ 04. May 2003, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: uk-carp.com ]

if its space to have your site on Chris, you are welcome to use mine, as long as its not too big, i get for next to nowt, so share and share alike, and domain names are easy, £6 for co.uk per 2 years, and £12 ish for.com.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Elton. There is only one actual site at present. But that needs an injection of Pzzazz :confused: at present so I would not be too sad to see that dissapear. It's more moving the actual domain names and parking them until I have time to get a site up and running (I've bought loads and loads of books boys and girls!! Some of them are really thick too!! (Whadaya mean just like you Trogg!!!!)) So at present it's just parking the domains and getting e-mails from say at least three of them. There are 6 domain names in all from the 9 I have that need moving.

Thanks to you all though!! As usual you have all come up trumps!

As my old granny used to say "See Chris love it's a bit like peeing yourself in dark pants!! No one notices you are, but it gives you a lovely warm feeling!! Good old Nanna!!(Some say!!??)

Chris

Chris Goddard