What's special about this...

Tigger

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160778636913?ssP...984.m1426.l2649

It just looks like a swallow with a different pattern of holes in the drum to me. I can't belive it's going for more than Chav's Browning Revolver !

its special because it says Barbel on the back !! ,perhaps i should of described my browning like this

"The Browning Revolver ,probably the best barbel reel ever" :yeah:

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

its special because it says Barbel on the back !! ,perhaps i should of described my browning like this

"The Browning Revolver ,probably the best barbel reel ever" :yeah:

You'd think people would realise how much more skill and work goes into making a 12 spoked aerial reel than a solid drum reel. As you say though, the little picture of the fish and mentioning barbel will work wonders :lol: . I wouldn't mind but you can get a brand spankin Stanton engraved with whatever you want for that money... I know which i'd prefer.

It just looks like a swallow with a different pattern of holes in the drum to me.

Yep same reel really, even down to the font used on the backplate, my Dave Swallow reel cost me £140. The sellers says there’s a tensioner button on the front, can’t find one on mine;

KGrHqNrcE88g9dOHYBPfefzMmP60_12.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

KGrHqJrEE88gWlgGtBPfeeL5DMw60_12.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Guest redfin2

Provenance....it was featured in the series Catching The Impossible, and adorned Martin Bowlers rod in catching a 45lb carp.

Any other old reel strapped to a rod somewhere 'up North does not have the same pedigree I am sure you will agree :rolleyes:

not Provenance , Provenance= tangible proof ,not hearsay or conjecture ,if the seller had a letter or pictorial proof (cearly showing the edition number) of the claim ,then that would be Provenance

just stating its "This is the reel used by Martin Bowler in the TV program Catching The Impossible when he lands a 45lb common carp." the statement itself could be construed as ambiguous

does the statement mean this is the reel ,as in the model of reel or the actual reel featured in the segment of film

its a bit like saying "i have a aston martin db6 ,the same car james bond drove in the movie"

i'm not saying the seller is misleading anyone ,because i take their advert at face value and have no reason too doubt them ,just pointing out how easy it is too add kudos to a item and improve its worth ,simply by infering someone famouse used it .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

not Provenance , Provenance= tangible proof ,not hearsay or conjecture ,if the seller had a letter or pictorial proof (cearly showing the edition number) of the claim ,then that would be Provenance

just stating its "This is the reel used by Martin Bowler in the TV program Catching The Impossible when he lands a 45lb common carp." the statement itself could be construed as ambiguous

does the statement mean this is the reel ,as in the model of reel or the actual reel featured in the segment of film

its a bit like saying "i have a aston martin db6 ,the same car james bond drove in the movie"

i'm not saying the seller is misleading anyone ,because i take their advert at face value and have no reason too doubt them ,just pointing out how easy it is too add kudos to a item and improve its worth ,simply by infering someone famouse used it .

I had those very same thoughts....Is the seller saying this is the reel used in the vid or is he saying it's simply the same model ?

Guest redfin2

Actually that's what I thought, but those 'pin boys are so influenced by such trivia I doubt it matters who used the thing. :)