Save Savay Lake against the High speed rail link

Guest Chris Perch

Hi I have heard the govornment still want to go ahead with the high speed rail link that will spoil the countryside and the great SAVAY LAKE as the proposed rail link will involve a massive bridge across this historic lake - Please sign this petition and try to save it.

"You may remember the petition that was in circulation late last year to save Savay Lake… well, Savay needs your help once again as the government has just done a u-turn on the HS2 (High Speed Rail) petition and said it is invalid. Therefore for the petition to be recognised it must be signed on a government e-petition, which means we need you to sign the petition on the link below." :thumbs:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/353

Without wishing to make comment directly about Savay lake, is this just a ruse by the Government to ignore those petitions it does'nt like and steamroller opinion

Without wishing to make comment directly about Savay lake, is this just a ruse by the Government to ignore those petitions it does'nt like and steamroller opinion

Proberbly Brian, they done the same re the petition on the e u. I hate 'em for stitching the uk up, we want a referendum. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Get up early and take another train.

Anyway I didnt ask for a debate just to make people aware of a petition thats trying to save the future of a historic carp lake.

Ha ha ha, my average daily slog upto the capital could last some two and a half hours each way on top of eight to ten hours of slog, so i think i will ignore your suggestion of getting up earlier. Journey of approximatly 20 mile, If i take the train it's outside of rush hours for obvious reasons.

Anyway, what is the proposel re savay lake, are they going to destroy it. Bearing in mind the foot print of the rail line is less than a third width of any motorway. Most important that this issue is debated and got right otherwise it will 'p' off the majority just to satisfy the minority, don't you think. :thumbs:

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Guest Chris Perch
Ha ha ha, my average daily slog upto the capital could last some two and a half hours each way on top of eight to ten hours of slog, so i think i will ignore your suggestion of getting up earlier. Journey of approximatly 20 mile, If i take the train it's outside of rush hours for obvious reasons.

Anyway, what is the proposel re savay lake, are they going to destroy it. Bearing in mind the foot print of the rail line is less than a third width of any motorway. Most important that this issue is debated and got right otherwise it will 'p' off the majority just to satisfy the minority, don't you think. :thumbs:

I have been told the bridge that is proposed to span the lake will be ITRO 140ft widedue to the speed of the new trains the rails have to be 70ft apart - Thats quite a bridge !

I have been told the bridge that is proposed to span the lake will be ITRO 140ft widedue to the speed of the new trains the rails have to be 70ft apart - Thats quite a bridge !

Na, we have two crossings over the medway, one is the motorway bridge, the other, the high speed channel rail link, the motorway one is a least 3-4 times as wide, the two track rail bridge is built on one set of concrete pillers. Someone is pulling your leg, perhaps it's one of these nimbies. Three bits of structure are no more than a quarter mile away, the motorway, the rail link and a go cart track, guess what one you can hear? What is going to be destroyed at savay. Bear in mind fish absolutly love a bit of structure, when i'm fishing thats the first thing i head for, thats where they live. So, even if there are concrete pillers in savay, would you avoid them in the future?

Why are some people so keen to keep the UK at the cows arse?

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/politicsandpolicy/2...d-rail-lagging/

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Why would anyone spend the massively larger amount on building a bridge rather than just filling it in? No of course they wouldn't! Another case of Carp anglers falling for a load of rubbish in their desperate attempt to "love carp more than anyone else"

Any way Chris I would be more worried about the plans to turn Redmire into an International Jet Ski course or the plans to build giant cooling units that are going to be sunk into Harefield to create the Olympic Ice Rink........... :rolleyes:

But then again all pale compared to the present lobbying to get Bow Fishing included as an Olympic sport and using Walthamstow Reservoirs as the venue...........................

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!