Precision Compression Technology

Elton

If you've got a few moments spare, this is actually quite interesting -->

http://www.northumberlandgazette.co.uk/new...rkers-1-4460785

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

that is interesting, im finding it hard to picture how you would attach components though. is it something similar to braided fly loops?

I really have no idea, but with that level of investment, somebody must be convinced that it'll catch on.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

BTW

I can't visualize how to get away from the tight "U" bend where the line comes back through the device eye (hook, lure, etc). That's often a critical breaking point - the kink. I can see where the cutting or strangulation of line on line in the knot may be eliminated.

You don't suppose the line secures (inserts) into a device with two tag ends which then interlock at a greater breaking strength than the line weight? That would even cinch down.

Phone

BTW

I can't visualize how to get away from the tight "U" bend where the line comes back through the device eye (hook, lure, etc). That's often a critical breaking point - the kink. I can see where the cutting or strangulation of line on line in the knot may be eliminated.

You don't suppose the line secures (inserts) into a device with two tag ends which then interlock at a greater breaking strength than the line weight? That would even cinch down.

Phone

As far as I understand, it's a kind of crimp, Phone. It works like making up a pike trace (presumably without the pliers!) and was reported in the angling press a few weeks back, although details were scanty.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

As far as I understand, it's a kind of crimp, Phone. It works like making up a pike trace (presumably without the pliers!) and was reported in the angling press a few weeks back, although details were scanty.

I think it must be some kind of crimp used also, this would make sense if the technology in use is based on compression. I've seen a fair bit of hype about this recently but not much information in relation to how it works, just how good it works.

Carp-Catcha

Interesting(!) to note that the company is about to move premises ... smack next door to Hardys / Greys :D :-)

The location is mentioned, but no mention of illustrious neighbours - I wonder if that tells a story perhaps? B)

philo,

Nice catch!

Having used slings in heavy steel applications I can see some pretty awful hook presentations from the use of a crimped compression collar.

Maybe the "collar" is the entire hooklength??

Phone

I have looked at the picture, thought about company location and also note this company are looking at the worldwide picture.

I suspect it will be aimed at fly anglers however it works.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!