Talking of bag limits just a joke

big_cod

Humm, looking at telly programmes this weekend, it is clear that wales, dolphins and sharks are much more efficient at eating fish than seals, what makes seals so dangerous to the stock then? Why are they now running amock? Is it those above that cleared out the herring and sandeel stocks, however i note that there are recovering. :)

Why do we see all the time more and more commercial landings reported, yet the seals are in the firing line for clearing out the stock.

My one visit to whitby last year, i was impressed by the commercial landing of salmon, have they all been cleared out by the seals for example.

to instigate a cull, would it be prudent to offer up some facts and figures. These young seal pups being saved, how much a danger to the eco balance are they?

How come the uk human population is allowed to increase freely, there was a base at 50 mill now it's heading towards 70 mill, and the seals are running amock?

Is it not true that mans intervention in purposly sinking thousands and thousands of ships that they are instrimental in helping the seal population to florish, upsetting natures balance.

facts please. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only facts I have Barry is that 10yrs ago you hardly saw a seal . Now the commercial beach fishery is been plauged by them and every wreck weve been to this year has had its resident seal on it. This points to a large increase in population or a migration. Make no mistake they are a problem up here.

Perhaps this is the reason why the seals are on the wrecks, on the whitby forum there is report after report of cod on the wrecks, shortages?

Quote:

"They are going to come on big style" said Paul "Get the shads on, the switch has been pressed". How right he was. The next drift saw every rod on the boat go into action. The change of tide had meant all the spratts had balled up on one side of the wreck and the cod were having a feeding frenzy. The next 3 hours was just solid cod, there wasnt a drift over the wreck without at least 2 rods in action, and often most rods on the boat were bent over by the pull of cod.

Just the same last year on my visit, 3 days of solid codling, cod and ling, dissappointed that we didn't get what we went up there for, this year might be different, who knows. I didn't see or hear of a seal problem though.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Have read through this post and it’s nice to see that some things in life never change. Wild accusations, followed by somebody who actually knows a bit about the subject putting them right. Followed by a truthful (and amusing) comment from wurzel summing up the reality of the original post. Big Cod. why dont you start a Campaign up to have seals culled? Have you got AIS on your boat Paul? Or are you another one of the armchair enthusiasts who sit at home looking at it, seeing French trawlers assume what they are doing, backed up by a few moaning guard boat skippers who are actually having to earn their money by guarding an exposed pipe line. I believe they (guard boats) have been there for months and this was the only time any commercial boats have caused them any concern. The French trawlers where working in international waters. They where boarded twice in the trip you mentioned. They were fishing for whiting. There catches where monitored when they landed back in there French ports. And that information comes directly from someone who was there and not from a wild assumption coming from somebody studying a piece of technology in the comfort of their sitting room.

http://www.express.co.uk/ourcomments/view/...ederick-Forsyth

Seems its not only us "moaning"flaps!

Humm, looking at telly programmes this weekend, it is clear that wales, dolphins and sharks are much more efficient at eating fish than seals, what makes seals so dangerous to the stock then? Why are they now running amock? Is it those above that cleared out the herring and sandeel stocks, however i note that there are recovering. :)

Why do we see all the time more and more commercial landings reported, yet the seals are in the firing line for clearing out the stock.

My one visit to whitby last year, i was impressed by the commercial landing of salmon, have they all been cleared out by the seals for example.

to instigate a cull, would it be prudent to offer up some facts and figures. These young seal pups being saved, how much a danger to the eco balance are they?

How come the uk human population is allowed to increase freely, there was a base at 50 mill now it's heading towards 70 mill, and the seals are running amock?

Is it not true that mans intervention in purposly sinking thousands and thousands of ships that they are instrimental in helping the seal population to florish, upsetting natures balance.

Barry a couple of days here last year told you nothing of what is reality as to what goes on here you say more commercial landing whitby fish quay is closing down.

The salmon fisherie was very poor last summer i myself worked salmon nets many years drifting them at sea and and fishing them at ankhor in the bay catches for salmon and sea trout years ago were far more than they are now seals are torturing the salmon fisherman having somtimes 5 or 6 seals round your static gear watching them at taking at least 50% of your catch despair is what they call it as i said barry they running amock .

There is a weir in the upper harbour wher the salmon and sea trout migrate which leads into fresh water the seals just sit there picking salmon and sea trout at will last year was the worst figures recorded for migratory fish any wonder when you have 6 or 7 seals sometimes even venturing up onto the fresh water stretch killing many salmon and sea trout not just for food but for sheer hell of it i think you are extremly naive as what goes on you have to a see to belive it seals are a massive problem and have no real preditors the population has exploded and they grow more in numbers every year.

One of the lads on recent trip with me the seal took his fish and made mincemeat of it and left him the head and a few scraps.

PICT0602.jpg

paul.

facts please. :D

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg