Angling and the Government

Peter Waller

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double blimey!

What if the Lib/Dems get in? Crumbs. Has anyone actually been talking to them? Surely the crushed hedgehogs will beat these at the polls?

Lib/Dems want to tax everything so that no one can afford the bus fare to get to hospital to have the operation the NHS can afford to get done.

Mind you. The buses or trains don't run on time, or at all, under this present mob so we have to walk to hospital and wait for thirty weeks to get the operation done we won't need anyway because we've died in the waiting room waiting.

Under the Tories we can afford bus fare because they've slashed taxes but can't find a train cos they've sold them all off. When we arrive at hospital it’s gone completely and has been replaced by "designer flats" for hard working Countryside Alliance workers.

I'm just glad I'm normal and a member of the Communist Party.

Regards,

Lee.

Thats just the problem Peter, I'm not drawing conclusions. I'm reading the paper that you put in front of us without the additional pieces that you added. As far as I know like yourself, nobody has acknowledged either of us as experts at anything, although you are free to think of yourself in any way you please. I'm just reading the paper, not reading 'into' it..... and assessing its value. After 27 years in local and central government I got quite good at that. Not an 'expert' I'd hasten to add.

Heres my take again. Elements of the fox hunting crowd are preparing to lend their support to the Conservative candidate in Martin Salters constituency.(The CA are not standing for election, as you declared earlier) They do so on the premise that Martin Salter did not support the fox hunting lobby. This was all apparently 'known fact' some months ago, but Martin Salter wishes to put out a communique right now in the run up to the election as part of his election campaign, which boils down to 'those evil b*******s de da de da de da'

All over the country during the General Election individuals and groups of oddballs from every political persuasion will be doing the same. Its their democratic right or are you seeking some Thatcher style power to stop groups or specific groups from doing so. If theres no truth in any of that tell me where. Its 'as it is' with no spin. Your embellishments do you no justice and I'm sorry you've had to 'tolerate' my aggressive style. Would you like me to go back through all of your threads and demonstrate what real aggression is? That is including the threads that you got caught posting trash to, under a false name. At least I've never done that.

I'm not sure anymore where this all goes, most of it deserves to be binned, but you lost your focus a long time back and I have no idea what your intention is. You've made your point but you seem to want to labour it (pun unintended)

I dont agree with you, you take umbrage and call me names, I respond. So here we are, what do you want to do next? Pop down to Reading and throw a protective cordon around your chum Martin, or horsewhip the protesters. Or perhaps pop down to South London and horsewhip me ? Either way, I'm having a nightcap now and I'm going fishing tomorrow. I suggest you do the same... or not as the case may be. Quite happy to 'cross swords' with you (in the nicest possible way) on future occasions, but any value this thread had, died several hours ago.

[ 13. March 2005, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Leave it Matthew its actually quite sensible compared to some of the stuff flying around here this evening. I would suggest however that you change your signature to 'Pike Anglers Club of Great Britain' as it should be, otherwise Peter will think its a new club, want to join and then be on the committee.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Dear Uncle,

Did you know that my granddad was one of the two chaps that found old Joyce in that German wood?

I've still got his trousers. Joyce I mean not granddads as he was a dwarf who lived in the wood. He was actually a hobbit really. I'm dead serious!

Peter,

I recall a certain gentleman saying he would never join the SAA and who was a fierce opponent of SACG before that. Boots are made for walking and coats are made for turning. I suspect the all singing all dancing totally united can get funds at the crack of a whip extremely well organised and respected for their steadfastness against all odds pinnacle of angling protection Countryside Alliance,... I've forgot what I was going to say....oh yes.... will appeal to your more intelligent side when you realise its going to last a damn site longer than your lets cuddle up to lost labour candidates mob?

Come on Peter face FACTs. We have to have a whip round for the tea in the cafe near Parliament before meetings, whilst the CA guys have breakfast at the Hilton. Do your guys arrive squashed inside Leons "Humber" whilst Charlie swans up in the CA Rolls Royce?

We ain't even remotely close to the manicured and polished face of the glorious Countryside Alliance. Politicians actually know who the Countryside Alliance is but there’s a lot of confusion as to exactly who we are. Some in parliament think our name might be “Flaccid” or “Funny” “Fade” even “Ferret”. “Fail” that’s a good one. But the Countryside Alliance just flows off the tongue, cries out to be remembered. No wonder anglers are rushing to join it. Bit of a ruptured spleen we can’t join ours though?

What was that attempt in between the NAA and FACT called? See what I mean?

Regards,

Lee.

Dear Peter,

A true story.

I was invited to attend the local hunt ball. This mean't I didn't have to buy a ticket as the chap that invited me payed for it. This was a good thing because I would not have payed myself. Not on any moral grounds you understand just the thought I did'nt think the fifty quid was worth it.

Anyway, up I rolled to the castle in my DJ and had a really good time. Drank far too much and ended up singing the "Red Flag" from the top of the stairs over looking the great hall. I actually went down a bomb because everyone thought I was taking the mick out of labour whilst I was really taking the mick out of those below. Oh well. Always the bridesmaid never the bride.

There will be no ensign upon my boat Peter. Perhaps the Jolly Roger whilst I disappear up the tigress Trent.

Regards,

Lee.

Guest sslatter

Mate.. if your posts are anything to go by, I wouldn't trust anything your Grandad said..

"Germany CAlling.. Germany CAlling..".

:D