Okuma Raw ii Centrepin Reel

MadRuss

Hi guys,

I have just seem the new Centrepin offering from Okuma (The Raw ii) . It looks in my opinion fantastic, but just because something's new and shinny doesn't mean it's any good!

Does anybody own one of these yet, or has any one had the chance to have a play with one?

Just looking for some opinions to see if it works as good as its looks?

Cheers,

Russ

Hi guys,

I have just seem the new Centrepin offering from Okuma (The Raw ii) . It looks in my opinion fantastic, but just because something's new and shinny doesn't mean it's any good!

Does anybody own one of these yet, or has any one had the chance to have a play with one?

Just looking for some opinions to see if it works as good as its looks?

Cheers,

Russ

I've never seen one in the flesh so to speak but if it's anything like the rest of the okuma stable it'll be a good un.

apart from a Fugly paint job ,its as good as its predecessers as its only cosmetically different

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Picked this one up back at the start of November: still can't make my mind up :D What muddies the waters a little for me is that whenever I get tempted (again!), I invariably have a looky see at what else I can have for similar money ... a new Match Aerial or Trotter from Fred Crouch is always an option, and if you are happy to run with Ebay, the choice can be quite vast.

Recently I've seen the Fox BJ AND various reels from the Youngs stable all sell at this sort of price - not to mention various offerings from the US.

The original post is here, if you want to have a look at the comments from that time?

OKUMA Raw

I played with one in the shop and have looked at the spec's. I think it is just another variation on the Sheffield theme. It will be a great fishing reel, but not to my tastes cosmetically.

Regards, Clive