jeepster

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeepster:

........ as far as i know you are allowed to boar fish on the trent

John, it usually depends on each fishing clubs rules, I've found that most around here don't allow boat fishing .......... however, I've fished quite a few areas of the Trent and have never had any real problems.

The Derwent and Dove are more tightly controlled by the clubs in my experience, so you may get some hassle fishing there. Many stretches have no legal rights of way for boats/canoes.

Dave

cheers dave, the bits of the derwent i have in mind arent the trouty stretches, and are stretches i have a club book for, so i dont expect too many problems, the dove is an unknown at the moment though

Jeepster,

If the water is BWs then you do need a licence and proof of you insurance to get it. Dont think that they wont do you if you dont have one because they will.

In total it will cost you about £100 or £50 if you only have oars.

Yes you can fish certain bits of the Trent from a boat.

Im always warm and welcoming peter, but then im not a true native, parents moved here from billericay in essex when i was 4.

Did you see my earlier post about Phil Hoadley.

I mention it because i have been going out with his daughter for the past 10 years,good player he was too untill that stupid f****** ref ran into him and ruined his career.

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!