KOBO or Kindle

Ken L

I did do a bit of a search for naughty download sites but it looks as if a lot of the more disreputable ones have been blocked by my ISP.

Just filled my new Kindle with this one, Ken. Quite an eclectic mix.

http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/269827521/?tab=summary

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Why does a toaster need software?

It sends you an email, text message and voicemail when your toast is ready :P

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I had a look at the link Rob and of course, it's all formatted for Kindle but a quick search on the site showed plenty of epub content.

Now I confess that i don't know the first thing about torrents (is there a tutorial, links to softwere etc anywhere ?) but I selected a couple of likely candidates and hit download only to bun into wall to wall malware detection warnings.

Ho hum !

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I had a look at the link Rob and of course, it's all formatted for Kindle but a quick search on the site showed plenty of epub content.

Now I confess that i don't know the first thing about torrents (is there a tutorial, links to softwere etc anywhere ?) but I selected a couple of likely candidates and hit download only to bun into wall to wall malware detection warnings.

Ho hum !

Download yourself a decent torrent client: I use U torrent ( that should be a greek U, as for micro). It's a fairly undemanding program, with low RAM requirement. If your antivirus software complains about it don't worry - it's nothing sinister, just allow it.

You'll need to go into settings on U torrent to get the best download speed. The following link contains a post with the settings I use.

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/TORRENT...ed#entry5140569

Once you've done all this, look up the torrent you want to download. Click the "download torrent" button and it will download the link to your browser. You'll get a prompt screen detailing the chosen torrent and asking if you want to go ahead. Affirm this, and the torrent will load into the torrent client and begin downloading.

Stop it when it reaches 100%, job done.

This isn't the end of your travails (why are these things never simple?). The file - as many are - is often compressed. Winarchiver (free to trial) will open it up for you, and you'll get a file with all your free books in it.

To get it onto your reader is the easy bit, using a little program called Calibre (freeware), which has a good, simple tutorial. Even I can use it, and that's saying something.

This is the simplest way I can explain it all, Ken, I'm not really computer literate, I just manage to struggle along, mate. I'm sure Kirisute (and others) will be along to offer extra help, should you need it.

Edited by robtherake

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Thanks. I'll have a proper look a bit later after work.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.