Air dried vs. shelf life

Kappa

So I am going to be buying some boilies on Saturday. I can either get frozen ones or shelf lifes.

If I could keep them frozen (which I can't) I would get the frozen ones. So should I air dry frozen ones or just get the shelf lifes? The reasons I ask is I expect the drying process to alter the bait, e.g. flavour being lost, proteins being denatured etc etc

So what is worse, the shelf life preserving or drying?

Rich

So I am going to be buying some boilies on Saturday. I can either get frozen ones or shelf lifes.

If I could keep them frozen (which I can't) I would get the frozen ones. So should I air dry frozen ones or just get the shelf lifes? The reasons I ask is I expect the drying process to alter the bait, e.g. flavour being lost, proteins being denatured etc etc

So what is worse, the shelf life preserving or drying?

Rich

I think the debate regarding frozen being better for the fish than shelf life depends on what is in the shelf life to preserve them isn't it? Any idea what they are using to preserve them?

Beware that some fisheries have a ban on shelflife boilies :nonono:

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

This is interesting to me as i have never used frozen boilies. I keep thinking about it but end up getting shelf life. It would be great if some sort of long period test could be done on the same water usuing the same tactics...I am interested to hear any views on this? :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

This is interesting to me as i have never used frozen boilies. I keep thinking about it but end up getting shelf life. It would be great if some sort of long period test could be done on the same water usuing the same tactics...I am interested to hear any views on this? :)

Dave

I have done tests when the bream are feeding properly so that you can get a proper result and proper frozen or homemade fresh are far better than shelflife.

Will probably never use shelflife again.

Have just started making my own. Its not cheaper but I can make the sizes I want which are generally smaller than the carp anglers require.

John

Dave

I have done tests when the bream are feeding properly so that you can get a proper result and proper frozen or homemade fresh are far better than shelflife.

Will probably never use shelflife again.

Have just started making my own. Its not cheaper but I can make the sizes I want which are generally smaller than the carp anglers require.

John

And the satisfaction of your 'Own' boilie. We shall have a brew at the weekend and talk about it :)

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon