Nephews first pike

Andy_1984

my nephew has been trying so hard with lures over the past few months since he found out he enjoys it more than watching a boring float but he's still yet to connect with a pike on a lure so i took him to the canal today and i fished for roach and perch, trying to get a fresh roach dead bait.

didnt wait too long but still long enough that my nephew took to rolling down a freshly cut grassy hill :rolleyes:

so put on the fresh "Deadbait" roach under a float ledgering would have been difficult with the amount of weed at present. an hour later nothing, so we got it cast out a little further near the canal wall as it had slowly started to drift in toward us.

it only took a matter of seconds before the float zipped under at breakneck speed and and away from one canal wall to the other, he walloped in to this loverly little 3lb'r :D

played it like a pro too. he got all the adrenaline rush we often get with big pike, i wish i still got that excited over a 3lb pike.

post-7003-1342908758_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

my nephew has been trying so hard with lures over the past few months since he found out he enjoys it more than watching a boring float but he's still yet to connect with a pike on a lure so i took him to the canal today and i fished for roach and perch, trying to get a fresh roach dead bait.

didnt wait too long but still long enough that my nephew took to rolling down a freshly cut grassy hill :rolleyes:

so put on the fresh "Deadbait" roach under a float ledgering would have been difficult with the amount of weed at present. an hour later nothing, so we got it cast out a little further near the canal wall as it had slowly started to drift in toward us.

it only took a matter of seconds before the float zipped under at breakneck speed and and away from one canal wall to the other, he walloped in to this loverly little 3lb'r :D

played it like a pro too. he got all the adrenaline rush we often get with big pike, i wish i still got that excited over a 3lb pike.

Well done to you both. He looks very happy with his little esox and I'm sure your just as made up as he is.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Good for him...and you too! :)

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

well done lads you both look very happy

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

thanks for the nice comments, he's still going on about it telling everyone. he got a shock when he seen inside its mouth yesterday and wouldnt look again despite me trying my hardest he still wouldnt look inside again, he said the gill rakers freaked him out :)

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Great stuff. Seeing the initial excitement on a new anglers face is great. My wifes sister has recently taken up lure angling with me and although she too is yet to catch a fish (despite 7 outings!) the look on her face when I catch one is priceless and she just has to hold them for a picture. She absolutely loves it. I just wish I could get her to catch one. It will be her first ever and she is so excited about catching one.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk