Just lost 1200 ripps !

Tigger

I was bringing in two 10wk old Blue and Gold macaw chicks from an outside flight last night... it just going on dark. As I pushed the door shut with one leg I stumbled and one of the chicks fell from under my arm, as it dropped it flapped and must have gone into panic mode and the barsteward kept on going !! It was it's maiden flight and shouldn't have been able to fly more than a few yards !! It was really hard to see it but the last I saw of it it was in the skyline and rising...by by 1200 ripp's :huh:

I've been out all day lookin for it but no joy. Worst thing-for it anyhow is that it wasn't weened and I was still handreering it so even if someone finds it and trys to keep it without formuls it brown bread....totally p!$$ed off at the moment.... all that work and expence for nowt :( .

I was bringing in two 10wk old Blue and Gold macaw chicks from an outside flight last night... it just going on dark. As I pushed the door shut with one leg I stumbled and one of the chicks fell from under my arm, as it dropped it flapped and must have gone into panic mode and the barsteward kept on going !! It was it's maiden flight and shouldn't have been able to fly more than a few yards !! It was really hard to see it but the last I saw of it it was in the skyline and rising...by by 1200 ripp's :huh:

I've been out all day lookin for it but no joy. Worst thing-for it anyhow is that it wasn't weened and I was still handreering it so even if someone finds it and trys to keep it without formuls it brown bread....totally p!$$ed off at the moment.... all that work and expence for nowt :( .

Unlucky Ian sometimes things just go that way,more than just the money though eh?

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Unlucky Ian sometimes things just go that way,more than just the money though eh?

Yeah absolutley Ste, I won't be able to sleep again tonight wondering where the thing is. I've got it's sister here on my knee while i'm tapping this out. I doubt i'll get it back now but I suppose there's still a very slim chance....what a firkin year i've had, I think i've lost about eight B/G's dead in shell and the G/Wings haven't even gone down this year :mellow: .

I've still got two pups out of that other recent nightmare with one of my bitches. They're still well behind a normal litter and both have bad shits but they're putting on weight and think they're lions....they bite like lions anyhow ! :D. Still not safe but

I spent 3 days trying to get a 14 week old one back around Preston last year, but we got it in the end. Despite it looking like it was on its way back to it home land when it went, it never went more than a mile or two.

If its like the one i was after it will be sat right at the top of the a tall tree and you will have little chance of seeing it, but thankfully they are noisy things. So get out early and pin your ears back.

The next problem you will have is young birds don't seem to keen on flying down, so you might find your getting to know where all the local big trees are for a day or two.

Chin up Ian, I should think you still have a good chance of seeing your money.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Sorry about the bird Tigs...what's a ripp ?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I spent 3 days trying to get a 14 week old one back around Preston last year, but we got it in the end. Despite it looking like it was on its way back to it home land when it went, it never went more than a mile or two.

If its like the one i was after it will be sat right at the top of the a tall tree and you will have little chance of seeing it, but thankfully they are noisy things. So get out early and pin your ears back.

The next problem you will have is young birds don't seem to keen on flying down, so you might find your getting to know where all the local big trees are for a day or two.

Chin up Ian, I should think you still have a good chance of seeing your money.

Needle in a haystack Brian, there's that many trees/ woods round here still thick with leaves it virtually impossible to find it even if it was sat in the very top twigs.

This heavy rain won't do it much good either, as I said it's only 10wks so not weather hardend and still on four feeds a day so it will starv pretty quick.

I don't think it'll have gone far but you never know when they get a bit of wind under them they can just keep going. The thing is it shouldn't have been able to get propper lift off like it did !

Your always welcome to come and help look for it LOL.

Den, ripp covers quite a few different things :) but in this case it's cash :).