Energy company salesman?

Bretty

Does any one else get this.

This year we've probabley had about 7 or 8 visits from door to door salesmen type people, all offering us cheaper energy bills? Obviously on commission they lie and say anything so you sign up to their billing agency. :mad:

Had one the night before last, he tried to walk through me and our door way (very pushy), really smarmy guy thought he was my best mate. "your intitle to 20-30% off your bill because the government have claimed your paying too much, just sign here..."

They all have these different official looking tables which claim they are cheaper then your current supplier tho never explain the hidden charges very well?

I told him i'd heard it all before and i won't sign anything.

I was Glad my girlfriend hadn't answered the door it was difficult getting rid of him, He was really persuasive and had a story for every thing!

Is this sort of door to door style contracting legal? and is there a way i can find out who is the really the cheapest supplier?

Bretty

[ 11 April 2002, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: Bretty ]

Bretty:

Does any one else get this.

This year we've probabley had about 7 or 8 visits from door to door salesmen type people, all offering us cheaper energy bills? Obviously on commission they lie and say anything so you sign up to their billing agency.    :mad:      

Had one the night before last, he tried to walk through me and our door way (very pushy), really smarmy guy thought he was my best mate. "your intitle to 20-30% off your bill because the government have claimed your paying too much, just sign here..."

They all have these different official looking tables which claim they are cheaper then your current supplier tho never explain the hidden charges very well?

I told him i'd heard it all before and i won't sign anything.

I was Glad my girlfriend hadn't answered the door it was difficult getting rid of him, He was really persuasive and had a story for every thing!

Is this sort of door to door style contracting legal? and is there a way i can find out who is the really the cheapest supplier?

Bretty

Hi Bretty,

Know what you mean. I bought a GSD pup last August. He's 10 months old now and weighs 6 1/2 stone, strangly enough those callers don't seem quite so keen to hang around and persuade me to sign up these days. Have just started to train him to answer the phone!!! Best £400 I've ever spent.

Polly

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

:D:D Good way to deal with them Bretty! me and the wife have had German Sheperds for over 25yrs. We have always done the same thing,tell them that your not interested,if they don`t listen open the kitchen door,and see how fast and high a salesman,jo`bo or just a downright dweeb can jump.

I like the sign on the gate at a friends house it reads " I can make the gate in 2 secs,and 1 bound, can you?"

:D:D

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Try putting a warning sign on your gate :-

"Never mind the dog , BEWARE THE OWNER"

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...