Hello

Andrew PI

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andrew and welcome!

As they say, you could do much worse than join Bristol,Bath+Wilts Amalgamated - their waters on the Avon run down your way in the Keynsham Area. Think they might have a stretch of the Bristol Frome, plus many other stretches of Avon around Bath,Lacock,Chippenham,Malmesbury etc, a couple of lakes and a trout stream or 2.

Phone J Parker on 0117 967 2977 for details

[ 21. September 2005, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: GlennB ]

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Looks like an AN Western Chapter fish-in is on the cards (before it gets too cold, or when it gets warm again )

In fact I always wondered why they don't hold those mega-matches - like the Euros, or the Worlds even - down on one of the Somerset drains. Those drains go on for ever and are heaving with fish. Gotta beat catching a single perch-fry to win the Euro champs (?) like they did a few years ago. Suppose parking might be an issue, out on those farm tracks :D

jeepster:

i don't know nuffink about these drains glenn, enlighten me

A deeply wild and mysterious place, Jeep.

Rumour has it the locals have evolved webbed feet from generations of paddling in the winter floods

Also full of roach,bream,pike and eels. Had my very best ever day's roach fishing on the North Drain. Half-pounders all day long with a few bigger and many smaller. Tackled up and caught loads of eels on worm. Wild swans by the score (ones that skirt well around you instead of invading the swim to get at your sandwiches).

It's totally exposed to winds from the Bristol Channel, mind. Not a place I would fancy on a winters day, but totally magical in summer (for me).

Some clues here:

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/pike/

and

http://www.gardenbuddies.com/forum/message...339/1107373.jpg

but a Google search throws up a lot of fabulous pics and info