New Features

Elton

Elton:

Do you mean how many have viewed each thread? I can't find that feature as standard - is it a hack?

Yup - a "number of views" counter to show next to the "number of posts" counter.

Didn't we have this bbs set to do that a while back with the old version of UBB you were running? Stopped using it because the numbers kept resetting themselves?

If it was a "feature" I would be surprised that they hadn't retained it with the upgrade.

And since it is part of the other BBS products from Infopop, I would expect to see it here.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Newt:

Newt:

Do you mean how many have viewed each thread? I can't find that feature as standard - is it a hack?

Yup - a "number of views" counter to show next to the "number of posts" counter.

Didn't we have this bbs set to do that a while back with the old version of UBB you were running? Stopped using it because the numbers kept resetting themselves?

If it was a "feature" I would be surprised that they hadn't retained it with the upgrade.

And since it is part of the other BBS products from Infopop, I would expect to see it here.

Newt,

The previous thing was a hack, which was probably why it broke so often :(

If you know of it as either an Infopop approved feature, or even a proven hack, I would gladly look into it. I like the idea of it, too :)

All the best,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OK, I've found 1 thing that would be nice to change : when you get to the most recent post and click 'next' it takes you to a screen to say there's no more posts then zaps you straight back to the post you last viewed. I think this would be better if as previously it gave you the option to select a different forum to 'return' to rather than going back to the same post. Other than that minor quibble however it's pretty good :)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

I may have gotten confused. I was thinking of a vBulletin bbs which does have a "views" feature as well as the other Infopop bbs software UBBThreads™.

UBB may not have it. Have you asked on the Infopop forum?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hmmm - here's a surprising thing. If you change your signature then display old pre-signature change posts it displays them with your new signature anyway.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.