Rod Rage

Zinky

Just found this as a news item posted today in Bristol " Bloody Hell all over Keepnets" It makes you think ??

A fisherman was beaten around the head with a claw hammer by a fellow angler in the latest 'rod rage' attack in the West.

The 24-year-old man was punched in the face repeatedly, then struck with the hammer in a mix-up over pitches at a quiet Somerset lake.

It is the second time in a month the tranquil pastime of angling has erupted into violence.

In the grounds of the Hunstrete House Hotel, near Pensford, a man from St George, Bristol, had been asked by two other fishermen to look after their equipment. But he had mistakenly guarded the wrong empty pitch and when the offender returned to his equipment he thought the man was tampering with his tackle.

A row erupted and the victim was punched eight times. His attacker then grabbed a claw hammer and rained blows on the man as he lay on the ground.

Horrified fellow anglers shouted at him to stop and dialled 999, but the hammer-wielding angler fled and had driven off before police arrived.

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

WHO THE HELL GOES FISHING WITH A HAMMER. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I take everything including the kitchen sink but no friggin hammer.HAPPY ANGLING

Hunter - I imagine those who wish to put up a shelter where the ground is a bit hard would need something to pound the pegs in.

Still - the hammer wielder is more than a little out of control and I hope the police can catch him before he kills someone.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

bloody disgusting, recently we had a disabled angler robbed at knife point, and all his tackle stolen, with the help from the gang at BFW, we amounted a good collection of gear any money, after lots of calls to the local press, an the police the man contacted me, and was overwhelmed by everyones generosity, but he was affected by the incident so much that he now doesnt want to fish again, i suspect the bloke in your area now feels the same.

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道

Maybe He'd heared about the nail knot and decided he needed to bring the hammer along.

Ok, so it was a crap joke but you can't read the report about what happened and tell me the guy had come from anywhere other than the shallow end of the gene pool.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.