Nick names/Handles/User names

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

How did you get your ANet name? This thread may have been on before but it would be nice to see it run again. Just like one of those 1950's B/W movies.

(B/W is referance to black and white to you youngsters) :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ferret1959

Oh yes mine comes from the 2 pet ferrets I have and the year I was born( even though the ones on here that know me would say I should be Ferret 1949). :)

Guest kingfisher

Mine comes from King as in the greatest and fisher as in the thing I do.

Not really it just came to me when I registered, I'm suprised no one else had it. :)

Mine was a lucky circumstance. It is my name (short for Newton) but is also a small water-dwelling lizard so lots of folks think it is a handle.

I tried to think of a clever handle that would be appropriate for many sorts of boards but just couldn't.

Also thought of using different ones to fit the particular bbs but decided my memory just wasn't up to that.

Joe King - you should really have used that name rather than a different handle. :)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Dave,

Major Operation, Forced into premature retirement! bored, get a computer and see I need some sort of short e-mail address.

Co-incidentally daughter sees me with shirt off for the 1st time,notices large Op. scars, says "They might want to do it again, so they've put Zips in!"

Hence Ziptrev!

Cheers

Zippy

(or Ziptrev 1947 if you want me to pre-empt your next poser lol)

[ 02 May 2002, 01:49 AM: Message edited by: Ziptrev ]

mine comes from chesters roman fort on hadrians wall ,we walked the wall (the bits that exist) and the pennine way in 1974 as our honeymoon holiday. mind you october wasnt the best time it was very wet and windy that year.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Ferret1959,

While I was younger, it was Little HOP and as I grew of age it became HOP. During my teens there were 2 uncles my father and myself with the HOP tag. In that I was the 4th. of the bunch, I begain to be known as HOPPY4. I have had others along with this one, but it has the most meaning and has lasted over the years.

HOPPY

Guest NickInTheNorth

My name is Nick, and I live ...

It started out as a bit of a joke on another board when I lived much further south, but I now use it all over the place. Anywhere I register I can almost guarantee that that user name isn't already taken. Makes life real easy.