Tench & Perch - Mr. Crabtree

Elton

LOL!

never bought a boilie; never used one; never will.....

never used a hair rig, never wanted to, never will

same with method feeder; bite alarms and baitrunners...

those choices might be limiting my chances or the lakes etc that I choose to fish but hey ho...im happy keeping it as simple as possible. simple bait, simple rigs, simple tackle.

I doubt I'll learn anything from the series but if it demonstrates that some of the old methods are just as fruitful now as they were in Venable's day, it'll have served some kind of use. I mean bread for tench? In this day and age, with method feeders and bolt-rigs, who'd have thought it eh? Bread.....cheaper than boilies and you can also make sandwiches with it too.

A fresh sliced white loaf is fantastic for Tench. I have enjoyed many a session catching 2 or 3 5lb plus tench from my local gravel pit at first light about late May time. Float fished on 4lb line to a size 12 with a pinch of flake. All the action would be over by 9 oclock and home for breakfast.Perfect!

I also like nothing better than float fishing for carp while all are asleep in their bivvies dreaming of the latest wonderbait and rig while their deadlines are waiting and waiting to bore out a carp. lol. Heres one small one that nibbled on float gear.

http://stivestackle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/carp-fishing-with-bacon-grill.html

Click here to Visit St Ives Tackle 

apple-touch-icon.webp