Outlook Express Help Needed

larry1

Can anyone tell me how to stop Outlook Express removing attachment's it deem's as unsafe ive had it stop access to 2/3 attachment's that people sent me ie banner gif's for my website. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cheer's Larry

http://www.larrysworld.co.uk

mailto:larry@larrysworld.co.uk

larry1 - if you haven't gotten an answer by time I get home, I'll check mine and see if I can get you an answer. That will be about 5 hours or so from now though.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

larry1 - I will still check for you but there will be a bit of a delay. My relief phoned in sick so I will be working a double and won't be getting off until around noon your time and can't promise I'll be coherent enough to check anything after 16 hours in this place.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I finally got home. Whew - 16+ hours at work is to bludy long for an old fart like me. :D

I agree with Dragonbat - OE does not have any feature to strip attachments. AV program, firewall, or something similar can do it if set right. They can remove a known virus easily. They can also remove any that have a "viral pattern" if you are set that way.

Could it be that they are simply to big to fit in the space allocated on your PC?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

i don't no what happened but message posted itself while i was typing it as i was saying it's to do with the security seting's i unticked the box that say's (do not open attachment's that could potentially be a virus,) i can now view &open ,&saveany attachment's sent to me to me .

:D:D:D:D

Cheer's Larry

http://www.larrysworld.co.uk

mailto:larry@larrysworld.co.uk