Evidence Eliminator

Cranfield

I recently purchased and downloaded EE.

I have had nothing but problems ever since.

The current grief is, I can,t download anything like, music, pictures, text or movies.

I have had to "restore" my computer 5 times in the last few days and currently have EE uninstalled until I hear from their Tech Support people AGAIN.

Is anybody else having these problems.

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

Hiya Cranfield,

I had a cd on a mag a few months ago with E.E. on it, the box said that it was afully working and up to-date version etc. How ever when I loaded it I found, like you that I was having nothing but problems and so I uninstalled it as soon as I could. Every thing is now working properly, but a mate of mine installed it (not from my cd ) on his P.C. and he had no problem at all. We thought about this and realised that he is using '98 whilst I'm using XP, plus he is on a dial up, and I'm on broad band. We don't know if any of that is relevent or not, will have to see how others go on with it, and then poss buy it from them not use a free version of it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

I have a full licenced copy and it's up and running.

Looks fine so far its running along side Win 98.

Elton seams happy with his copy.

Have you got the settings "set correct" just double check all the tick boxes.

Please add you thoughts on the software I have to do a little writeup for a few sites.

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

I have Windows ME and I purchased the full licensed copy.

The first problem was that I noticed my Recycle Bin and Temp Internet files were not being emptied.

Tech Support suggested I uninstall and start again.

All OK

Then my Favourites,My Documents and My Pictures were all placed in alphabetical or numerical order.

Tech Support suggested I remove the tick from a couple of boxes.

All OK.

Then I started getting a message telling me that my disc was nearly full.

I ignored it, as told to by Tech Support, but it keeps coming back.

That one is still with them.

Next it stopped me downloading any still or moving images and music.

I,m waiting for Tech Support on that one as well.

Currently EE is uninstalled and my computer is running superbly.

The 30 days runs out the end of this week.

With the money it cost £80+, I think I will opt for a refund.

Very, very unimpressed !!!!

[ 25. August 2002, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: Cranfield ]

I've tried out most of this type of software over the past couple of years and the one I've found to be streets ahead of all others is Cyberscrub, (www.cyberscrub.com). I used it on a 30 day free trial and then I bought the full version. It costs $30, but if you are really looking for a program that does what it says on the tin, this is the only one that works, in my experience.

EE Tech Support are now suggesting that I uninstall my Windows ME and reinstall it. :(

They have already suggested disabling Norton.

I have asked for a refund under the 30 day rule.

I got the free full version of E E 3.1se too, off the march issue of pc pro, I installed it and it works fine for me. I'm running windows 98se and on broadband cable modem. EE has to be set up properly(checking and unchecking the relevant boxes) there's loads of catorgories to go through, so all of these have to be set up correctly. I think some of the problems stem from windows xp, I've heard of lots of people have had loads of trouble with windows xp and have reverted back to windows 98, a far better system..........hoppy

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Those of you with EE who want an experience, pretend to cancel it.

I have applied for and been granted my refund (money in about 10 days). :)

The procedure is intimidating, to say the least.

You have to keep clicking on "I wish to proceed" tabs, as you go through page after page of all the terrible things that will happen to you, if you cancel EE.

They even have a film clip of physical abuse inside an American prison.

Where, of course, you could end up by cancelling EE. :rolleyes:

Stick it out to the end and your programme gives you a code number, which you have to email to them, as confirmation that you have disabled EE.

My computer didn,t like it, but after seeing this crass marketing rubbish, trying to scare you in to keeping it, I,m quite glad to be rid of it anyway. :P