Whales

loonyl

why do people in wales speak welsh as soon as you enter say the pub when they were talking in english before that?.why are road signs also in welsh they are not in hindi in southall?.

wales nice place but full of welsh people.ill get me hat.cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

will this name be ok:

i can't compete with you as i spent the first 16 yrs of my life in south wales in a small village called llandogo on the river wye and i've not seen any where that comes close yet.

Is Brown's restaurant still up and running? What about the Sloop pub?

Fished on Co-ed Ithel beat [i think the spelling may be slightly out??] a few times. Huge chub and the ocassional Salmon.

Cracking place though.

Colin

My Mum works in browns Shop with is now a spar or happy shopper the reastraunt part has closed but the b&b for the salmon fisher man is still open.

The Sloop is open as usual but under new managment and the farmhouse has closed down for the i don't know how many times.

If any of you pass by pop in and say Hi her names margrat.

[ 29. August 2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: will this name be ok ]

loonyl:

or Whay-hey Wales

South Wales is a stunna !

I went cruising in the mini today.

(30mph max usually

but 30mph min. round the corners )

Oh! and another thing,

Volvo drivers *Grrr*

Morons !

I'm starting to wonder if they have to have their side-lights on by law.....so other drivers can spot them from as far a distance as possible! :D

Anyways........

Cruised to Carmarthen, Aberswyth & Cardigan

8 hours and about 200 miles in total!! :eek

(Breakdown cover is for wimps ,

well it costs more than the car!)

Very beautiful scenery!!

Can you think of any places in the UK that can compare?

Liam

ps Dunno how fast I was going coz the speedo's resting atm

Just been to the Lake District (Pooley Bridge, Ullswater) that was a big WOW on the Scenery stakes but never been to Wales so cant compare.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Still prefer the highlands :D

Big Al

When i was working on the fairs we used to do one at Blenau Ffestiniogg, went into a shop one day to get the months "supplies", when we went in the two old women were talking english as soon as we said good morning they switched to welsh.

The gaffer turned round & threw a gob full of abuse at them in welsh & started to leave, the one behind the counter said "sorry didn't realise you're one of us"

the gaffer said "i may have been born in wales but i'm english as far as i'm concerned & i'd hate to be welsh if i had to be like you" :D

from what he said afterwards we were called english rapists & scum etc (guess they saw me with the sheep the night before) :D

[ 30. August 2002, 02:30 PM: Message edited by: ALAN FAWCETT ]

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

I have no problem with the Welsh speaking Welsh the language is part of this islands hstory and it and welsh cuture should be encouraged ... its the racism that goes with it that pings me off,it usually seems that the Welsh are worse although they must be fed up with the sheep jokes by now!

And something Ive always wondered is (and bearing in mind I used to work for them!) Why is everything DVLC (DVLA now) publishes on its web site etc in both languages? It is part of a Gov department that covers the whole of mainland UK, why isnt part of it in Scottish Gaelic, or Cornish? Or more to the point why doesnt every Government Dept have all its info in all the languages of the UK. When I last looked at the treasury web site it was in English only!

Seems like the Welsh get special treatment to me and that only fosters resentment and racism. Oh dear getting a bit heavy for a friday night!!

but have to say it is a beautiful country and on the whole the Welsh are a hospitable and friendly bunch. Great fishing too.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com