Fishing Music!

Jake

My holidays end today so I thought that I would post/ask one more question before I hit the bricks tomorrow. Your Queen will be arriving in British Columbia in the 1st. week of October. Lots of preparation goes into one of these visits.

Back to the serious stuff. What kind of music do you like to listen to when motoring to your favourite fishing hole? If I had to pick one group/artist, it would be Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Jake

Why do birds suddenly appear

Every time you are near?

Just like me, they long to be

Close to you.

will this name be ok:

Well i guess it's gotta be "Reel Big Fish" with songs like

Everything Sucks

The Beer song

Lets go smoke some pot

And my favorite How much is the fish?

Will;

The band, "Reel Big Fish" has not swam over to this part of the world, todate. I'm shocked! With song titles like "Everything Sucks" I can't quite understand why not.

Jake

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

Jake:

My holidays end today so I thought that I would post/ask one more question before I hit the bricks tomorrow. Your Queen will be arriving in British Columbia in the 1st. week of October. Lots of preparation goes into one of these visits.

Back to the serious stuff. What kind of music do you like to listen to when motoring to your favourite fishing hole? If I had to pick one group/artist, it would be Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Jake

It's got to be The Waterboys and "Fishermans Blues"

Colin

Mally:

reel big fish are pretty good, jake what is your parts of the world, if its america then i am not suprised that they have not made it over there as very few british bands do!

Mally, thanks for your question! I'm originally from Toronto Ontario but I have been posted to Western Canada (currently working in Vancouver, British Columbia) since 1974.

I must correct my earlier statement regarding the band "Reel Big Fish". For all I know they may have their music played on our radio stations. I don't listen to any progressive rock or Rap. I fall back on various Blues and the Oldies but Goldies (CCR, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Elvis, Ray Charles, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Little River Band, early Elton John, AC/DC, Spanish guitar music, etc.

I can't help it. I don't think that the current music scene can hold a candle to the past. Just my opinion!

Jake

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

Neil Young's "Will to Love" is at least sort of from the fish's point of view (well...he uses the salmon's upstream run as a kind of metaphor for his own urge to love, if you give a stuff):

Like an ocean fish

who swam upstream

Through nets,

by hooks, and hungry bears.

I was once at a Neil Young concert when some rather agitated bloke was deperately trying to push his way to the front and muttering because it was too jammed to make any progress. After a while he got a bit worked up, abused everyone around him and shouted "I went f***ing fishing with Neil Young" then stormed off the way he had come.

Neil sings elsewhere in the song:

Sometimes I ramble on and on

And I repeat myself

till all my friends are gone

Point taken.