Just found this - Do you agree??

Chris Goddard

Steve Randles:

Yep...never really thought of that angle on this subject, kids have to be supervised on the net for many reasons...I guess.

As an aside and as I'm not a parent myself, how do you all react when your young 'uns go out of your door? Is it constant worry or do you learn to "switch off"?

Well my kids are not quite old enough that I have to worry about this yet, my oldest is 4 years old, but it is something I'm starting to worry about.

By the time I was 7 years old I was roaming around a South London council estate, and the local park, often up to about a 1/2 mile or so away from home, but I really don't see how I can allow my own boys the same sort of freedom when the reach that age, yet I can't keep them locked in the house forever, at the moment I just really don't know what I'm going to do when they start asking to be allowed out alone :(

Will be very interested to hear from other parents out there on this!

[ 28. February 2004, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Mat Hillman ]

Mat

I remember reading similar 'the kids of today have gone to hell' comments written when Rome ruled a large chunk of the world, the Brits (Picts) were painting themselves blue, and the only folks living in America wore war paint.

I really think older folks have been saying similar things since Moog hunted with a club and Droog fished with a spear.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

nigelnibbles:

what the hell went wrong to give us the society/culture we have today, now thats another question   :confused:  

FARMING??

We can so easily produce enough food to eat, so we have hordes of people, who wouldn't be able to feed themselves anyway, inventing jobs for themsleves.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

But when they want to add a 'fat tax' because waistlines have increased over the years? Blame it on technology and any 9 year olds ability to text, or PM friends instead of riding over to play.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...