Fav fish?

JDW

Undoubtedly the chub. It used to be the tench but I'm lucky enough to now live close to wonderfully scenic rivers where cracking chub are difficult to catch so they now take up most of my fishing time.

Paul

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edd:

tench followed by perch

When do Perch NOT follow things??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Pike, Perch, Trout and then probably, the lowly Mackerel (top scrappers on light gear).

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Andy Macfarlane:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by edd:

tench followed by perch

When do Perch NOT follow things??

When I'm lure fishing

:D Nice one Dan.......

Paul

Tench with Barbel a close 2nd. Still I'd dearly love to catch a 2lb+ Roach.

The real beauty in fishing is the anticipation as the float dips, or rod tip bends and you lift the rod and for a split second it could be anything....

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one's lifespan........

Being mainly a match angler I like the fact that I dont usually know what fish I am going for untill I get to my swim. I supose that is why I try not to go to "managed" waters full of Carp.

I tried to work out what my favourite fish are but came to the conclusion that I like venues first and the fish I like are the ones that live in those venues regardless of what they are. In that vein my favourites fish are the ones living in.

Big Rivers - Thames Severn or Trent (usefull in Kent)

Fenland type Drains - Wallers Haven Royal Military Canal

Mountain Lochs in Scotland - usually un named.

River Easturies - If only I lived near some.

[ 21. June 2005, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: A Worm On One End........ ]