TENSHUN!! Lads Army

hoppy

Any watchers? was it true? Aghhhh memories :rolleyes: logging out now to watch and jog me memory. Any old squadies out there that did National Service :( GET SOME IN :P

hoppy

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

i love it, maybe a "new initiative"mr blair could use to help with our grannie bashing brigade (although a bit harsher please)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was in Army Cadets - will that do? :P

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Just had a funny thought....my Grandad is over from Australia right now as his old regiment have get-togethers every so many years.

Were any of you naughty boys in the forces? Grandad was a Warrant Officer at the MCTC in Colchester (more commonly known as the Glasshouse!)

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

my step grandad had been a colour seargent in the scots guards ,he cleaned his boots every night till he died (spit and all) he was a mean son of a ---- to my granny and to us ,used to tickle me till i wet myself :mad: .......................................not much fun for a 23 year old :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm back,... GORDON BENNETT!! did I go through that, phew! I kept looking over my chair expecting the corp to come into the room ..Tell you what.. they didn't show them lads having to "Iron thier boots" ...poor barstewards :D ... see you, just going outside to paint the coal white. Bye

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

Lads army, some of it is correct

to a degree, swearing is about right

punishment is about right but, no way

would you find Staff with such scruffey

uniforms, they would have creases in

their BDs ( Battle Dress ) you could have

cut bread with,I did not see one Blankcoed

Belt or Gaters, not one bleached tie, no

slings on the rifle (Lee Enfield 303 ball)

No Shrunk Berets, most of the staff had

Officers BDs this would not happen at all.

First thing you did when you got your

uniforms and shirts is to turn them

inside out scorch them with an iron

and then shave them with a razor

mind you I did not see all the episodes

O yes If when pressing your uniform with

water & Brown paper you scorched it, you

then rubbed the scorch mark with twobob or

halfcrown until the scorch mark went

( if you were lucky ) if not you had

to buy two uniforms, one to replace

the one you scorched & another to

replace the one you drew out of stores

this happened to all the kit you lost or

got stolen,

the best thing about being in the

forces then was the pay,was!ent much but,

it was all spending money not like

today david :D:D

Damn ... sod that lark ... I was in the forces quite a few years ago ...

Well not that long ago by Lads Army standards mind you ... It gets easier with every year ...

No discipline ...

But I can relate 2 some of the postings ...

Bring on the boot camps ... (lets see what the young guys now are made of) .. sort them right out ...

OUTrageous

Not Nat Service , but joined in 1967, lasted 12 weeks. The option was you could buy yourself out between your eighth and 12 week for £20 , if you left it longer than 12 weeks it was goin to cost you £250 to get out. Out of the new intake of over 1500 more than 1/3 bought out. I was always told that once basic training was complete , that was the finish of the " **** " .....yeah right, somehow i didnt think it was worth the £230 to find out.