Site problem or is it me

Alan Taylor

I hope I can explain this properly.

When I click on forum and them go to the forum desired, eg sea fishing, I click on the topic I want to read. When I want to go back to sea fishing it takes me back to the sea fishing forum as it was before I clicked on it just now and not the the one I have just read. :confused:

This still does not make sense does it?

Ok I click on Forum, go to sea fishing, the top topic is eg jig heads 11 responses, when I go back to sea fishing it is another topic on the top and jig heads only has 10 responses :rolleyes: Did it make sense that time?

Has anyone else come across the same thing, I can't seem to remember it happening before the new layout was installed.

Elton, are you in?

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I see the same sort of thing on any bbs that has "views" information enabled.

Usually happens for me when I get out using the "back" button and I can change the behavior (still screwy but different) by changing my settings for when to refresh a page.

Doesn't seem to do any harm so I just ignore.

If it bothers you that much, set refresh to occur every visit to a page (will slow you down just a little) and rather than using the back button, back out by clicking on the topic. Then you will get the real, current page.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

If it bothers you that much, set refresh to occur every visit to a page .

How do I do that Newt, this realy is a Royal Pain in the neck. I click back on a new topic and it is not even there when the forum comes back up :mad: :confused:

Why is it only ME that has this problem?

Alan(nl)

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

I get the same problem, I click on the "Back" button from the thread, but the forum isn't the same. I have to Refresh to get the proper page back up. Annoyingly, it doesn't always happen like that, sometimes it works normally....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

This info applies to IE only. No idea about Netscrap.

The "back" button will simply take you to the copy of the previous page you already have loaded.

You can set to refresh at every visit to a page (tools~internet options~general~settings) but the way bbs software is written for many boards, the "back" button will bypass this. I don't know of a cure at this point. FW does me the exact same way.

If you go back by clicking on the topic area and are set to refresh each visit, you will get an updated copy of the page though. Not as convenient as the back button but it does work.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

The thing is, up until a week or so ago, pressing the "Back" button would always take you back to the original forum page with the yellow flags etc, nowadays it seems to only work 50% of the time. The rest of the time it seems to be the page from the last time I visited the forums :(

Additional.... I've been reading through the rest of the forums and the "Back" button has worked perfectly each time. Before I replied to this message there were 4 replies (so mine makes 5). Now I've just gone back to the NFC forum and the page seems to have changed to one from earlier this evening, with only 2 replies to this thread :confused:

[ 26 March 2002, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: John S ]

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Alan Taylor:

Alan Taylor:

:

Thanks John, I realy thought I was cracking up, at least I am in good company. :D

Alan(nl)

You must be cracking up if you refer to me as "good company"

John S