Shouting But Nobody Can Or Will Hear You!

Jake

Have you ever watched a soccer match or hockey game on the TV? You sit there and begin to yell suggestions or instructions towards the tube, which are directed at the players, refs, coaches, etc. We all do it, don't we? I have never engaged in political discussions on this site or the North American boards. Why? Because it's just like screaming at the television. It doesn't change a thing and whatever will happen, will happen, regardless!

Jake

[ 11. September 2002, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Jake ]

Why do birds suddenly appear

Every time you are near?

Just like me, they long to be

Close to you.

Dang Jake - you mean Canadian folk understand politics?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt, there are many things that I understand but there more that I don't. One thing I do know is that lip service on the political issues is a total waist of time. In my line of work, I provide protection to Royalty, Heads of State, Religious leaders, Political Ministers and Chief Justices. Over the years I have been with the likes of the Dalai Lama, Janet Reno, Thatcher, etc. The politicians live in a different world than you and I. To make a long story short, you are yelling for nothing. So, what's the point about talking or giving your views about this war or the next one. I'd sooner talk about fishing or have a few laughs. It's better for the soul and less frustrating.

Jake

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

Jake, I agree completely, but as you see you have also been drawn in!

I like to think of myself as a reasonable, fairly intelligent person.

I do not read the papers much nowadays, getting most of my info from the TV news and current affairs programmes.

Like most of the posters on here I would much prefer to read about fishing, but there are others who continue to post wild, innacurate, sometimes downright nasty comments. Many of these are of a personal nature, implying,for example, that all elected officials (councillors) are corrupt(?), all Americans are evil and bent on world domination.One post even suggested that we hang them all!!!!!

I can only stand so much of this before I either switch off or join in.

I look forward to your next post ( )

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

What kind of world would it be without passion? DULL. You don't have agree with every opinion, nor will one's own opinion be heard by the right people (let alone acted upon), but if we all just gave up and sat back then the world would be overtaken by cranks. So I think we should hang all lawyers, estate agents, politicians, illegal netters, child molesters, shop assistants that don't know what a customer is, fast drivers, slow drivers and ugly people.

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

PH - I guess you've never seen a picture of Janet Reno.

If you can imagine Trogg dressed in drag....

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

PH:

quote:

the years I have been with the likes of the Dalai Lama, Janet Reno, Thatcher, etc.  

WOW!     YOU'VE BEEN WITH ALL THEM!? I suppose that's one of the perks of the job.  

Yes, I sometimes take for granted all the dignitaries I have been involved with. My proudest and most memorable visit was back in 1986 (Expo in Vancouver, BC) when I was the driver of the second limousine in the Chuck and Lady Di motorcade. We were with them for nine days. My current partner (Dave) drove the main limo. He stated that he would glance at Lady Di in the rear view mirror and marvel at her beautiful blue eyes.

Some visits are fun and some are stressful. I view all these people, as being no different, than you or I.

Jake

PS. The Queen is arriving in Vancouver next month. Looking forward to it!

Every time you are near?

Close to you.

Jake:

The Queen is arriving in Vancouver next month.  Looking forward to it!

Ask her about relieving yourself in waders - would be interested to know the response :D

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.