Paul Garner Lands 19lb+ Zander

Anglers' Net

What a fish; a real jaw-dropper, that one. Congratulations, Sir.

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Guest 1lastcast

Met this guy a couple of weeks ago just a mile from where I live on the Lwr Severn, there has been some debate about the weight of ths 'Z' and comparing it with the latest capture I can see why.

But the fact is some big Zander are showing up in the River, might even be tempted to have a go myself, this species I have yet to catch.

post-25415-0-04234200-1363766221_thumb.gif

Edited by 1lastcast

And thats another suberb fish Mr Palmer, makes me a bit green with envy as thats a fish I''ve yet to catch but would like to, had my one and only go for them at Ely and blanked in style even though there was supposed to be a few around but when you see fish like the two above it makes me want to have another crack

WOW!....what a beauty and what stunning colours...very jelous but very happy for him.

The Severn is really the place to be now or has been for a while for a nice sized Zander...

Interesting to see they were fishing with deads too and getting results. :hypocrite:

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Guest 1lastcast

This particular stretch is 'free' fishing too, well in truth I think the owner of the piece of river is likely to ask 50p for the fishing, but there is some great pred fishing to be had, plus carp to over 30lb.

The Lower Severn is really untapped as to potential, but can be very very hard , but that is part of the appeal I guess.

If anyone would care to wet a line here pm me and I will help.

Guest 1lastcast

And thats another suberb fish Mr Palmer, makes me a bit green with envy as thats a fish I''ve yet to catch but would like to, had my one and only go for them at Ely and blanked in style even though there was supposed to be a few around but when you see fish like the two above it makes me want to have another crack

Awesome looking fish big Zander, one chap had 18 in a couple of hours back in the summer on shads, looks like the Severn is recovering a bit, certainly see plenty of big Atlantic Salmon crashing around when Barbel fishing, and Salmon is a species that might fill in the 'close' season for me too, the method here is wooden Devon minnows only until the 16th June, and worked below the massive weir we have seems like good fun.

And then there's the huge River Carp that many have never seen a hook.

Edited by 1lastcast

Both the good doctor and Andy Black are very, very good zander anglers (not to mention the other species). I've bumped into them a few times at the Severn and the reservoirs.

I wouldn't agree that the lower Severn is untapped, it is fished hard by several people who are very competent indeed. They just don't advertise it.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music