Pike Teach In

Dick Dastardly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good weekend with a good turn out.The fishing wasnt up to much (hardly supprising given the weather) but the guys from the FishingMagic site who attended enjoyed it.They donated a creditable £130 to Les's Angling Projects and his Junior Coarse Angling (UK) projects.

Les funds the JCA(UK) project entirely himself! If you dont know about this he has managed to get angling accepted on several schools curriculums.It is not only a great way of encouraging youngsters to apreciate both angling and conservation (thus helping ensure the future of our sport) but as it includes the three most important aspects of education ie reading,writing and maths it goes along way to giving kids a sound education.I will be putting some information on what he and his team do in a post later this week.

If there are any teachers,police officers,social/youth workers out there who are interested in what he has to offer just contact me and I will pass on the relevant contact details.

Lastly Les has asked me to pass on his thanks to all the people who have made donations at any of my club/internet site teach ins.Not only is the cash needed but also the raising of peoples awareness of what he offers.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Better late than never as they say!!!

Just to say well done on the money donated, I am sure all who saw Angling Projects for the first time were well impressed and those on their 2nd visit were shown all the decorating that had been done, the paint was purchased with the money the AN crew donated on the last Pike Teach in.

As Budgie pointed out, Les has also set up a group called Junior Course Angling (UK) many clubs have already joined and the list of Partrons is very impressive.

Not only has Les, as Budgie pointed out, got angling on several schools curriculums but he also heads juniors in the right direction if they enquire about angling clubs in thier local area.

If your club is not yet taken up an association with JCA (UK) then put them in touch with Les.

All of you younger members here, put your schools in touch with him and try and get them to put angling as one of your lessons.

Les is funding this all himself at present. I am organising some talks over the next few months to raise some money for JCA (UK) If you would like help Les out then just get in touch with him, I know he will glad to hear of any help you can offer.

Once again, well done Budgie, just sorry I had all the boiler problems and could'nt make it Saturday to meet more of you.

Lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Gutted i missed this.

Would like to go to a pike fish in/teach in ,everything i know is self taught(reading from here)/of my brother.Would like to see if it's correct.

Thanx Andrew i'm sure i will still be intrested in october allways enjoy learning new ways of catching/looking after fish.

Congratulations on the money donated as well :) .

would have loved to be there, would be the best part of a 3hr drive from here though and im only just started taking driving lessons

keep us informed on your plans for the midlands ones next season i'll defs be there.

steve.

Did a total of 12 this season.The bulk being for clubs.Most of these are done early in the Autumn as a prelude to their Pike season.All but three of the 10 clubs now insist on their members attending a teach in before they can Pike fish.Definate progress and some thing I plan to carry on encouraging.All of these clubs have asked me to come back later in the year for the start of next season.Judging by previous years they wont confirm dates untill at least August!

I will put two combined (Anglers Net & Fishing Magic) ones on next season at Wraysbury and If some one can come up with a suitable venue up North will do one there as well.

Any one looking in whose club would be interested then please just contact me for details.I dont charge for clubs but ask for my travelling expenses to be covered.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!