Normark Avenger 3000

Elton

I mentioned in a thread that TackleBargains had a few of these as 'cosmetic seconds'.

It just so happened that I spent last weekend at a friend's place in Liverpool. As I was near to Crewe, where TackleBargains are based, I thought it was about time that I paid them a visit. Over the past year or two, they've provided us with prizes and affiliate payments to help keep the site running. In fairness, you guys have also provided them with some decent business :)

Anyway, I'm not sure that paying Dave there a visit was a good idea......

I was intrigued by the Normark Avengers when he told me about them on the phone and, after looking at what clearance stock they had just had delivered (don't buy some lures until they get the delivery they had last week listed - it was huge!), I asked to see the Normarks.

Picking it up was almost like I'd missed i.e. it was that light! The finish was fantastic and the reputation of the rod preceded it.

I resisted until I was just about to get in the car......and then said, "Dave, I've got to buy one!"

As mentioned, these are cosmetic seconds. I'll paste a picture of the 'damage' below (basically, they have had the Normark logo removed...and have a hand growing out of them!).

In the meantime, take a look at them on this page. They are just below half way down.

I realise that £180 quid isn't cheap for a rod, but considering the RRP of £450, this has got to be a Billy Bargain! Mine will be with me at Timsbury, but I hope to debut it this weekend :)

Posted Image

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 4 weeks later...

Just bringing this to the top....

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I would love one but I already use the original Normark Titan and do not see the need to replace it just yet.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Elton (anyone) - pardon me but what in the world could make a rod worth £450?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 1 month later...

Elton, I'm enquisitive to know how you got on with your Normark Avenger 3000 when you fished the Itchen ??. I have the Titan3000 version ( slightly lees beefy )which I got a good deal on 12 months ago.They are truely superb pieces of kit........

Newt:

Elton (anyone) - pardon me but what in the world could make a rod worth £450?

Newt

my map parabolix (waggler, power waggler and feeder )originaly had an rrp of 300.00 each

When you pick up and get to use rods of these caliber you know why they cost so much (mine do have a lifetime guarantee on all parts).

Erm, I did only pay approx 28.00 each for them though :rolleyes:

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

BRPS:

Elton, I'm enquisitive to know how you got on with your Normark Avenger 3000 when you fished the Itchen ??. I have the Titan3000 version ( slightly lees beefy )which I got a good deal on 12 months ago.They are truely superb pieces of kit........

I absolutely love it! And so does anyone who's had a play with it.

I've had great fun with small fish, but it still feels like I could really punish it with something substantially bigger.

• 5 months later...

Just bringing this to the top, as I notice they are featuring them as 'last few' on their homepage.

Early Christmas present, perhaps? santa :D

www.TackleBargain.com