Human Rights

Polly

RESPECT is not a big word but today's youth do not seem to be aware of it or its meaning. I wonder sometimes if they can even spell it

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right there Polly .Respect ha! I work for the youth service as a caretaker and i know first hand they've got no respect .I say bring back corporal punnishment ,they had when I was at school and I didn't fancy getting the cane from the headmaster and then getting home and getting a belt from the old man one from getting the cane and two for getting caught.

chip:

Your right there Polly .Respect ha! I work for the youth service as a caretaker and i know first hand they've got no respect .I say bring back corporal punnishment ,they had when I was at school and I didn't fancy getting the cane from the headmaster and then getting home and getting a belt from the old man one from getting the cane and two for getting caught.

Chip,

You have my sympathy, "nice job, shame about the kids"

Corporal punishment would soon sort 'em out, we used to get a 12" ruler on the hand with differing degrees of severity dependant upon the crime:-

1. Minor = flat ruler on palm

2. Naughty = flat ruler on clenched knuckles

3. Bad = EDGE of ruler on palm (ouch!!!)

4. X-Bad = EDGE of ruler on clenched knuckles (Big Ouch!!!)

I also think bringing back National Service would soon have them in line but I am not old enough to have experienced that so shouldn't say too much

Polly

The girls used to get what they caled "the slipper " it was a bit of toughened leather strap about 8" long and the boys used to feel " the willow " a proper flexible cane about 2 1/2' long with no give. Palms up please!!!

cramer-carter:

My god! What a lot of knee-jerk little reactionaries you are!!!

Do you all read and believe EVERYTHING they say in the Daily Mail??

It never ceases to amaze me how people seem to reach the age of 40 and then start talking about the good old days..

Wake up!! There were no good old days!! Things have always been good AND bad. Today's no different than it was in the 1970's, 1960's, 1930's etc.. etc..

No. I'm wrong. At least today's kids haven't had the indecency to invent the atom bomb or the gas chamber or to have a whole world at war....

Get out more often and stop believing all you read in the press!!!

quote:

No. I'm wrong. At least today's kids haven't had the indecency to invent the atom bomb or the gas chamber or to have a whole world at war....

oh come on dont put them down ,there plenty of time for them to cook up something even more deadly ,after all whats a university education for :confused:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Cramer-carter, It's interesting that on your first post you have sussed out we are all a bunch of knee jerk reactionaries. I think you'll find a lot of different views expressed on this site, most of them from people who dont have their head buried up their arse.

Polly, this is the second time I've agreed with you, a very worrying trend dont you think

Dave

Polly, this is the second time I've agreed with you, a very worrying trend dont you think?

Must be something in the air!!!! Nice to know there are other folk about who give a dahm.

Stay onside!!!!

Apart from being a fishing nut, I also am chief instructor of a few karate clubs locally. You would all be amazed at how many parents bring little janey(or johnny) along and tell me that they think the discipline will do them good. I assure them that they will get discipline, and I always ask why they need to come to our clubs to get discipline, and virtually without exception I get told " oh they don't listen to a word I say" - nuff said eh!

Mind you, unlike the schools, we don't get many parents offering us physical violence when we have reason to reprimand a youngun. I wonder why not?