Human Rights

Polly

Peter Gowman:

... and I always ask why they need to come to our clubs to get discipline, and virtually without exception I get told " oh they don't listen to a word I say" ....

I always love it when parents say that with their offspring standing within earshot. Great way to let the kid know who is in charge. They probably already knew but nice to reinforce it.

I raised my brood during the transition time from "spanking is OK" to "spanking may be considered abuse" and after the first one threatened to call the police on me, I posted the phone numbers for the local Child Protective Services office and the nearest police station right next to the phone and even offered to dial the number if needed.

Not sure I could safely raise kids today though. And that makes me feel sad for the kids. Must be frightning at times for them to not have firm rules to grow up with.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seem's to me that so called "do gooders" are making a mess of society today, where kids can get away with anything.

My friend started her first week of teacher training last week in a secondary school, and on the second day she had a 13 year boy sit through the class singing a song about her breasts all through the class ... on asking him to leave the class we wouldn't, on getting the principal he didn't care and continued his antics when the principal was in the class ... they get off with far to much in schools now.

I know of another case before christmas where an 8 year old child was throwing stones at cars, and it was reported to his parents and the Police, the mother of the child spanked the boy on finding out, and one of the first questions the police asked the boy when they came to his house was did his mother spank him for his actions ... since he said yes, social services had to be called. :confused:

Now many kids now just have no respect, and in a society where we want to protect kids as much as we can ... it's hard. But it seems someway has to be found to get them to have respect for teachers and their parents ... how I don't know ... should we bring back the belt/cane in schools? I really don't know what can be done ... also a good smack on the backside didnt do to much harm to kids!

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

A man sits in a large, shabby, detached and isolated house.

He sits there in the dark, with a shotgun on his lap night after night just praying for someone to break in so he can shoot them.

Let me guess. You lot think he's within his rights?

I, for one, am glad to see a certain lunatic still locked up!!!!!

cramer-carter:

Let me guess. You lot think he's within his rights?

I certainly do, but I bet you feel safer with people who are prepared to defend their own property from thieves locked up.

[ 16. January 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

I agree with the right to defend one's home and property, however, civilised justice is about making the punishment fit the crime. Shooting someone in the back for stealing does not fit that criteria.

I fully understand that the poor sod that got shot would probably be living a healthy and happy life if he had minded his own business. But we all make mistakes in life and I don't think any one of you would expect to be shot to death in the back for it.

If every individual was given that freedom it would result in anarchy, therefore I cannot agree with those that wholeheartedly support him. I support his principal but not his actions in this matter.

quote:

If every individual was given that freedom it would result in anarchy, therefore I cannot agree with those that wholeheartedly support him. I support his principal but not his actions in this matter.

I agree with what you are trying to say but in my view the problem lies in that the state will not back up a persons principles with adequate deterents or punishments against those that do not respect other people or their property. We may well be heading for anarchy but the way to stop this is to instil that respect and I feel that it's already too late to do this for much of the current generation so long as criminality is seen as a 'legitimate' profession coupled with the professionally unemployed mentioned in another post.

Paul

Hi all,

Well i have to agree with both sides(of the man shooting the burglar).

Being that at one point i lived very near the dover area of kent i can safly say that i had afew nights where people tried to gain entry to my basement flat,which at the time had me,my misses and little daughter in,and i can say without a shadow of a doubt that i would not be very forgiving to anyone who i caught,and considering that if you stand by and let them get on with robbing you,you are just as likly to get raped or beaten to death,.

And the area was ok-ish but when this asylum seeker buisness started it turned to beiruit at times.(got corner'd by 6 of the scabs, for fags and money,and promtly told them to #$#@ off).

I hear the words"by any means necessary"

even got my clothes of the line stolen

scabby scroungers they need to be sent and enjoy the comfort of POSSIBLE persecution in their own shelters/shacks/bunkers/HOME(their homes not ours)

but also if the punishment has to meet the crime then leaving them crawling isnt good enough so what does FIT?

billy:)

[ 16. January 2003, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

shocking :mad: :mad: i`l have nothing said against our "friends" from over the sea , i expect its just a cry for help eerrhheemmm NOT

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

dont mention "foreign" people (except maybe newt ) otherwise "swift deletion will come on moderators wings" and youl get death threats via e`mail like me and elton will whisper in your ear :)

harranging the government , mr blair , mr bush and teachers etc are fair game though it only upsets half the AN members :)

[ 16. January 2003, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson