e-mail problems SMTP failure Live mail

Worms

Annoying that BT who partner Yahoo with their internet service deny any knowledge/responsibility though...they even had the cheek to offer me a pay to fix it service for a service I pay for!!!

Andy, if you ever fancy some small river (Lugg) trout/grayling fishing or some chub/dace/barbel fishing on the Teme and you're in my area it's on me mate!

• Like 1

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Thats nice of you :)

what was the pay to fix it service, come round yer house ?

I fixed a pc for someone who had two virgin media techs out twice to see why his net wasnt working. I knew what was wrong. So called them up to double check and they made me go through 5+ steps to try and "Fix" the router.

tried telling him all i needed was the default gateway address. but no, he made me go through all steps none of which worked (i didnt actually do them :yawn: )

at the end the git gave me the ip address and it fixed it. useless sods a lot of them.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Thats nice of you :)

what was the pay to fix it service, come round yer house ?

I fixed a pc for someone who had two virgin media techs out twice to see why his net wasnt working. I knew what was wrong. So called them up to double check and they made me go through 5+ steps to try and "Fix" the router.

tried telling him all i needed was the default gateway address. but no, he made me go through all steps none of which worked (i didnt actually do them :yawn: )

at the end the git gave me the ip address and it fixed it. useless sods a lot of them.

I don't know whether they would come round or whether it was a "take over your 'puter job" but I'm buggered if I'm going to pay for diagnostics on something I rent.....from them!

I'm not stupid when it comes to PCs and I've managed to get my email back up and running when they've changed server settings before. It's just that this time they told me they hadn't changed anything and they never volunteered the information...It just makes me so mad sometimes, especially when I saw my latest BT bill!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Same as Sky mate, they changed to Yahoo from Gmail, everything went.

Ni secure connection was supported.

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Mum was having problems with her BT internet / TV service. TV box had crapped out during a firmware update and would not complete. She had spoken to their call centre, and they were unable to fix it. So they had offered her - either wait a couple of weeks for someone to come out and look at it - or - pay for an upgrade to her account and they could send someone out the next day.

"Our service isn't working, we're not going to help you, but you could sign up to give us some more money"

Cheeky swines.

So I talked her through the instructions I found on BT's website, which basically amounted to rebooting the router, re-pairing the home plugs and then rebooting the TV box. Lo and behold, firmware install ran to completion, everything fixed. What the call centre drone had her doing, I have no idea, and nor I suspect did he.

Couple of weeks later, Sky offered her their TV, phone and internet package for similar money. Take a guess whether BT kept that business...

Sky helpline has a lot to be desired at times steve. When i had the trouble with my e mail the operative,s i spoke with did not have a clue. Wait for 24hours sir and if its still not working call us back. I duly done that. Guess what the same reply ? I posted here about the trouble and had it sorted within a couple of hours thanks to Andy19_84

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Oh, they're all useless, but trying to upsell a customer because you haven't solved their problem? :nono:

Their more sales men than I.T Support.

Once i was transferred to another department(probably the proper I.T Dept.) when the girl couldn't resolve an issue.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk