e-mail problems SMTP failure Live mail

Worms

Right, I have an old Freeserve e-mail address running through my BTYahoo account. The system has been working fine until yesterday morning when it refuses to let me send emails. I have altered nothing! I tried deleting and re-entering my details all to no avail. I had a BT tech bloke on to try and fix it and he's stumped (not too difficult to stump them though)!

My POP is pop.freeserve.co.uk port 110

My SMTP is smtp.mail.yahoo.ca port 25

My Authentication settings are *************@btinternet.com with my password, authentication box is ticked and no SSL boxes ticked. This has worked perfectly for about a year, now it doesn't. Any ideas please?

No error messages are posted, it just doesn't work, the error box is empty and tasks show that incoming mails are fine, just the outgoing that fails.

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Many of the UK setups are so different from ours (BT ones especially) that I hesitate to try and help with them but I do have to wonder why your SMTP server is using a Canadian address.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

So do I!...I tried .com, .co.uk and none of those worked either. the .ca was listed as a SMTP for my setup on a website "somewhere" and it's always worked!...until now.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

try using port 465 and tick use ssl

"Failed"

but thanks anyway!

possibly the outgoing server(smtp) address needs to be changed.

try: smtp.freeserve.co.uk

if that doesnt work try: mail.btinternet.com

try variations of no ssl and server requires authentication etc with each new smtp address.

Edited by Andy_1984

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

possibly the outgoing server(smtp) address needs to be changed.

try: smtp.freeserve.co.uk

if that doesnt work try: mail.btinternet.com

try variations of no ssl and server requires authentication etc with each new smtp address.

Brilliant, mail.btinternet.com with SSL worked on port 25...I knew it wasn't my fault, the bastuds have changed the bloody settings again...but they denied it... :bangin: :bangin:

:bangin: Thanks all and especially you Andy, end of panic! :punk: