Close Season Countdown!

Chris Plumb

Just praying we don`t get flooding like Germany just has as the rivers look perfect at the moment steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

The Kennet and Whitewater are a little turbid - normal for this time of year - but good otherwise.

However, I hope the weather holds. I had Easter off and the weather was awful. I worked on May bank holiday when it was hot and sunny and then had two days off and the weather was awful. I worked Spring Bank Holiday and then took the following Thursday-Sunday off and it was Hot! I have the 16th-18th off so what's the prediction?

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

It's still got that buzz hasn't it. Even though you can go fishing for pretty much anything now all year round, the river season has retained that sense of excitement and exhilaration - but tinged with worry about the weather, and everything else...

It's like being a kid again, except that when I was a kid the close season would seemingly last forever.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

And it's Fathers Day, so you can try out all the new gear that the kids bought for you !!

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

My son is 4 - the only fishing things that I receive as gifts come from my lovely Mrs!