Personalised number plates

loonyl

Chris Goddard:

I take it Liam that ny car with n L reg. plate will do as long as it's cheap!?! Let me know as I know a man who does!!

Chris

Sounds interesting....

though we may have different ideas on what "cheap" means

Let us know what it means where you are :D:D

tbh I've spoken to my financial advisor :) and he reckons most of my money's tied up in property atm (aka the Rover :) ).

I'm weighing up whether to sell it mid Nov/Dec when there's still 9mths MOT left (for £350-400, hopefully)

or

keep it till the MOT runs out, coz it's a good little runner/performance car :P

Been having a quick look at L reg cars in Loot & the local paper(Swansea) & they're usually about £1000, ..but looking at PontyPrid's local paper (Outbackish wales)...Fiat Uno exc cond £595, Fiesta van/car £550, Maestro £550..quite a difference in price.

So, I may try the police auctions/an auctions at bridgend, or try run down areas of wales to see if there are any cheapo bargains about.

btw numberplates

http://motors.loot.com/scripts/lootsite.dl...4080000-4089999

...I don't get some of them!

When buying the plates you do have to agree that you're not going to change anything eg letter spacing to make it look like you want, even tho' everyone will. Fine of £1000 and the reg confiscated if you do

btw Have you seen some motorbike back plates? they're about 4" squared....now I know that's not legal!

Liam

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many years ago a local restaurant owner had an XR4i with the reg. A 690 RGO rearranged to A 69 0R GO!! The only pulls he got was from the filth!(police to all you nice people)

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!

davidP:

I've got T500BRU on my Scooby.

There is now a Scooby in my village - registration:

P500 OBY

The retaining screw is conveniently placed in the first 0, to spell P SCOOBY

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

In Ireland our registration plates would be considered boring when compared to those in the UK. It's a simple system, Year, County and Number. So the only 'fun' you could have is around the number, like if you bought a Rover 75 you might try to get a reg with 75 e.g. '01 D 75' - WOW!

Though I did see a reg one time on a black BMW with tinted windows owned by a priest that made me worry a little - the reg was 89 SO 666