Fishing near San-Francisco

stal1n

Hi guys

My friend is currently in San-Francisco. He is on working assignment there for two months.

Could you please recommend me how he can go fishing there? Maybe somebody can provide contacts or sites on the Internet, anything.

He is also from Ukraine as me. And he loves coarse fishing: crucians, carps, tenches, breams, roaches, etc.

Thank you in advance!

My blog about fishing reports http://rivnefish.com/en/

Stal,

San Francisco has lot of carp lakes. Also, there is a Ukrainian Club in San Francisco. Maybe that would be a good place to start?

I fished for carp quite a bit at Clear Water lake about 50 km South of downtown.

Phone

He will find that the locals, unless they are European, won't have a clue about where to fish for carp but they should be in pretty much and lake and in any river in the area with absolutely no fishing pressure. Mostly German strain common carp.

Crucians, tench, bream, roach are probably not to be found and the local anglers will think "bluegills" if he asks about bream.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Can't add to the guys over there but i spent some time growing up in Santa Clara ( go on the 49ers ... :) ) and i remember back then Carp lakes around. See even in another country i can't get away from the pescy things!

The handling of a carp in this vid is exceptional and Carp should be treated in such matter :whistling:

Edited by Dave H

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon