Have I broken my Perch PB?

davedave

To be clear, I think that perch is probably bigger than your 2.02, but you can't count it as your PB! Sorry!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks anderoo. I'm going to be cheeky now, but I've got to ask it, gun to head what would you put the weight at? Sorry to ask it's bugging me though, I know I can't class it as a pb, i'll just have to catch a bigger one this weekend and weigh it :rolleyes:

Edited by davedave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Very hard to say, if you very accurately measure the width of your unhooking mat we can give the fish a reasonably accurate length, then use a length to weight chart to get an idea of weight, but that will only give you an idea. I really wouldn't want to guess from a photo!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I feel for you Dave!

I spent years and years trying to get a 3lb perch from the upper Thames. I am pretty sure I caught one whilst messing about teaching my little girl to fish at a family picnic! I literally had a rod a net a hand full or maggots and pocket full or tackle! I would love to know what it weighed but I'll never know!

I recently got a spare set of scales from ebay, they were dead cheap digital ones and they seem pretty accurate. I take these with me these days in case I get a very special fish I have backup scales!

Rich

p.s. I've still not caught a Thames 3 but I have caught a few new PBs from different venues

Didn't want to start another post, but has anybody tried the NGT scales? They're only cheapo but I don't want to spend a fortune and I've got some NGT stuff that's actually good stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FISHING-TACKLE-50LB-WEIGHING-SCALES-WITH-TAPE-MEASURE-FREE-POSTAGE-/250994555520?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item3a7070fa80

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Dave,

Not likely you'll be pleased with 50 lb scales. It's really really hard to get lb and oz down arount the 2 lb to 5 lb range no matter how good the scales are.

Phone

Didn't want to start another post, but has anybody tried the NGT scales? They're only cheapo but I don't want to spend a fortune and I've got some NGT stuff that's actually good stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FISHING-TACKLE-50LB-WEIGHING-SCALES-WITH-TAPE-MEASURE-FREE-POSTAGE-/250994555520?pt=UK_SportingGoods_FishingAcces_RL&hash=item3a7070fa80

Why 50lb? - I'd get something that weighed a lot less top weigh - something like 12lbX ½oz will suffice for most situations - especially if perch fishing.

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

I have a set of those but with a different sticker on. I wouldn't recommend them, they're accurate enough but the increments are too large to properly weigh smaller species. I'd look for scales with 1oz increments and with a lower top weight.

You might get these at a good price: http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=290911896933&index=10&nav=SEARCH&nid=77634980495

Edited by Anderoo

Thanks guys :)