Ivan Marks Floats?

Elton

Posted on behalf of a site visitor:

quote:

Hi

I am trying to re live my youth, and am starting match fishing again. I would dearly love to get hold of some Ivan Marks floats. Please can you help!?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What, you mean your going to fish with a glass fibre rod too?

I just did a quick search on e.bay and there's an Ivan Marks match rod for sale for £1.00! No bids as yet though.

I used to have a set of Ivan Marks stick floats but I haven't seen tham for a while! I'm really not sure If I still have them.

He might struggle here. I've still got mine, some still unused, but I wouldn't want to be parted with them. Fond memories.

Paul

I saw some Ivan Marks floats on Ebay about 5 days ago, they have gone now but I have seen Marks stuff on there before, maybe best to do a search for them within fishing every so often, I'm sure there will be some more in future.

nothing wrong with fiberglass rods ,well except solid glass

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I thought I had some "Ivan Marks" Missiles in my old float box but was mistaken they were Billy Makin ones! When looking through it I noticed I had plenty of "John Dean" stick floats,a variety of floats by "Max Winters" and a lot of home made "specials"!

When looking through my old pole floats I found some of the sky blue coloured "Billy Makin" floats,absolutely huge by modern pole float standards!

I would just stick with good old Drennan floats myself,same old proven designs but improved by using modern matirials.

BTW I remember John Dean but who was Max Winters?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

BTW I remember John Dean but who was Max Winters?

Max was a very good angler around the midlands, in my younger days he fished for some really good clubs and match teams,I beleive he actually designed the original wand later sold by Shakespeare, "Max Winter Wand" Mk1 - M2 one had glass tip the other carbon it was designed for the Wark Avon beleive he was in the same team as Ken Giles and the late Clive Smith.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own