DG

Cheap was only £2.50
i.e. same price as Tacklebargains

wotnobivvy:

wnb

Not sure how stainless-steel forceps can rust :confused:

For next time, have a look here at Tackle Bargains

Stainless Forceps

Great value imported stainless steel forceps. Positive single handed locking, and serated jaws - what more do you need?

Available in:

6" Straight Only - £2.50

8" Straight or Curved - £3.95

10" Straight or Curved - £4.95

Posted Image

12" Straight or Curved - £5.95

DG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys, I was browsing the other day when I found them. I was so sure I was going to use them, I printed off the complete pricelist. I suppose that can go for recycling now. :(:(

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Dont ask the reasons for me using floats direct but I have used them on countless times over the past 18 months. The service was always slow (avg 2 weeks delivery) and approx 25% of the orders were incomplete. They also seem unable to use the correct delivery address details.

As an example, the last but one order was for float making materials. Out of an order of 31 items, I received just 24. There was no reply to my email.

Against my girlfriends advice, I decided to order some floats as a Xmas pressie for her brother. One of the components in this order was a beginners pack of 10 pole floats . Little did I know that this shoddy package would cost more than the individual floats combined. Now subtract 3 missing floats and along with the 2 that were broken and you get the idea of the sort of service that they provide. To add insult to injury on both orders I paid the *expensive* insurance postage option. I have decided never to use them again and let everyone know the type of service that they provide.

Roger (floats direct), if you are listening, I am tired of your **** -poor service and will never use you again.

Regards MD

mdhome:

Dont ask the reasons for me using floats direct but I have used them on countless times over the past 18 months. The service was always slow (avg 2 weeks delivery) and approx 25% of the orders were incomplete. They also seem unable to use the correct delivery address details.

As an example, the last but one order was for float making materials. Out of an order of 31 items, I received just 24. There was no reply to my email.

Against my girlfriends advice, I decided to order some floats as a Xmas pressie for her brother. One of the components in this order was a beginners pack of 10 pole floats . Little did I know that this shoddy package would cost more than the individual floats combined. Now subtract 3 missing floats and along with the 2 that were broken and you get the idea of the sort of service that they provide. To add insult to injury on both orders I paid the *expensive* insurance postage option. I have decided never to use them again and let everyone know the type of service that they provide.

Roger (floats direct), if you are listening, I am tired of your **** -poor service and will never use you again.

Regards MD

mdhome:

Regards MD

why did you use them countless times then? if a company cant get it right first time i never use them again, there are plenty of mail order tackle people out there so dont give them a chance to get it wrong more than once.

Hello Jeepster,

I did ask you not to ask but here goes.

I am out of the house for over 12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I dont drive and spend 4-5 hours a day travelling by public transport to work. I also have commitments at the weekends. ie Saturday with my girlfriend and Sunday fishing. Not only that but my partner doesnt like taking me to the tackle shop. Therefore buying my small odd n ends (floats, shot and hooks etc) from the internet is the least painfull way of doing it. The delay in receiving goods from Floats Direct wasnt always a problem because I would order items in advance and the cheepness of their goods usually swayed me in favour of using them.

However this doesnt detract from their **** -poor service.

Regards MD

This is a bit off topic if you like?? But I am shortly (Next 3 months or so) going to be launching a range of DiY floats and following on from this I wonder if anyone reading this thread would be so kind as to let me know by any means (Legally :D !!) available what sort of shapes of float and for what uses you would expect to get floats that you could finish for yourself at home.

The floats will be shipped in WELL protected wrapping! (From experience myself if nothing else!) And the bodies will all be balsa, the stems will be predominantly glass but could be cane or carbon. And I may even do some pole floats as well. I am just trying to get some eyes sorted at present which will stay put!! Now't worse that lifting into a good fish with a little dibber and seeing the eye do a backward flip!!

So please feel free to let me know!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

After my last email to them requesting a refund, I had no reply, but the refund has arrived on my credit card account. Power of the Forum ????

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not