floating line for cntrepin reel

Randy

Hello

I was wondering if any of you pin fishermen are using a floating line like Siglon F and if so how do you like it? I've also read about guys using some of hte gelspun super braids and I was alos wondering what your takes on that are. Currently I'm running 10.5 # Ashima resin impregnated line and it seems to be pretty good.

Thanks,

Randy

http://www.questoutdoors.net

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Americans can't spell, Randy!

There has recently been an AN thread about braids, this included comments about braids and 'pins. Have to say that I am not keen on that dragging sound of braid on the rings of my favoured roach rod!

'Fraid Siglon is not a line that I'm familiar with so can't comment on your choice.

Me, I've just put a freeby spool of Shimano Exage on my new Okuma so I've yet to try it. As far as monos are concerned I rely on the freebies stuck to the front of angling publications!!

Nearly 3.00 o'clock, lazy begger !!

If you are only just awake then I hope you washed your hands before using that keyboard and sending messages !

[ 13. February 2005, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter Waller:

Have to say that I am not keen on that dragging sound of braid on the rings of my favoured roach rod!

Good grief Peter. Sounds like you need new rings, different braid, or both.
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Well, when I made the first post it was around 9am and I was just opening my eyes. My hands are the cleanest around. I work in a hospital as a nursing student so I'm constantly washing my hands :) .

I know people who use Siglon F and they all seem to like it. I just wanted to get a consenus of what you guys thought of the stuff. Here in the US especially around the Great Lakes region the stuff is gaining supporters everyday. I'm still not sold on it due to the high cost of the stuff.

See Pete it's about 4:15 EST and my spelling is much better. One American that can spell with the best of ya.

Got go back and study.

Randy

http://www.questoutdoors.net

Sorry Randy, didnt realise you were in the US. Drennan is probably unobtainable there. Its a mono and its probably the only mono I use.

I tried Power Pro braid which I use for just about everything else but I wasnt entirely happy with it . Sooooh.... I went back to mono for trotting floats. Braid for just about everything else

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Newt:

Newt:

Have to say that I am not keen on that dragging sound of braid on the rings of my favoured roach rod!

Good grief Peter. Sounds like you need new rings, different braid, or both.
Is there a braid that is as slick as a mono out there Newt?

Peter,Drennan Float Fish is a mono mate.

Randy,I have always used mono for trotting but have just brought a spool of Spiderwire in 10lb (aproximately the same diameter as 2lb mono) to try next weekend,I will let you know how I get on.

Peter,some of the fused and coated braids are smooth.Spiderwire Stealth and Cabelas Ripcord Si are really just the same as the origonal braids but with a lubricated coating.Never really bothered me the noise and it certainly doesnt damage decent rings as the Fugi BNHG's on my cat rods prove.Dont know how its passage through a match rods rings will afect trotting but will let you all know after next weekend! :)

[ 14. February 2005, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: BUDGIE ]

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!