making it in angling

adsangling

Don't have a link, but it appeared in one of the carp magazines - I THINK it was Carp World. but can't be sure.

It was a long time ago - say 1970s or 80s - again I THINK.

Browsing through tatty old carp mags with time-worn loose pages, possibly in a ramshackle carp syndicate hut, would seem your best option.

Sorry I can't be more helpful - the article deserved to be in an anthology somewhere.

He had some amusing incidents one was throwing his welly at a stuck fish then later obviously relishing BB's trick of using potatos for the same reason

It must have been a great time ,i started in 1963 purely devoting my weekends to carp but alone as even then those that sat by ponds all night were "strange" even moreso for a ten year old ,obviously i wasnt that nice a kid so didnt get any parental concern over my unusual habbits

Later ofcourse i went to where real carp lived but even in the late sixties if there was anyone else at horton kirby it was unusual but there were a group of 3 or 4 i joined and much merriment ensued

I have been touched by angling majesty a couple of times (in not the way some are thinking i hasten to add!!) but none every rubbed off ,,,,oi stop that !

My memory has always been poor but i remember a few articles ,Den Darkin ofcourse and casting and moncreiff (sp?)

Casting was my second love but i never mastered it despite trying every time i got inspired .

Never took to walker he seemed so far above us mere mortals and the only story i can remember was one about a pike in morden mere which i desperatly tried to find on a very small scale map of england to no avail but with heads full of lone holidays after this ficticious fish in this fictitious place i was happy

Then i got the match fishing bug and in one met another hero the late great mumford ,his greatness unfortunately left him in the match in question but i actualliy tied with a master nil nil he was in the swim next to me (wink)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson