3 men 2 dogs and a river rerport or 2

JV44

As above trundled down the kennet and on to the Thames with Rusty and Matthew got treated to aerobatic show from the Hobbies on the river then saw some big Carp rooting around drank a load of beer and played snooker badly although the much fancied pairing of Rusty and keith were thrashed in the last frame ha ha . .

The Thames looks sock on with the Algae bloom colour starting to drop out and the kennet carrying lots of water looking equally appealing...cant wait now .

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Drinking loads of beer and playing snooker.

Sounds a whole lot more fun to me than getting covered in slime and smelling of fish.

Until I remember its trying to avoid an overdose of the aforementioned that I go fishing.

Hope we can have some more updates after june 16th

John

A great weekend Steve, thanks for 'hosting'. To be honest it was nice that fishing didn't get in the way of beer drinking, snooker and dinner with your Mum. There's plenty of time for fishing later.

The snooker? Well that was a story of four blokes who used to be pretty handy suddenly finding that the table has got larger and wondering where the 20/20 vision went.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

John there will be updates hopefully involving fish after the 16th ,Rusty it was a pleasure as always and yes the tables look bigger than I remember and the pockets seem smaller..must be our age lol.the more we drank the better we played though and keith realy realy wanted to win that last frame lol.

We can do it again in October and fish .

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Thanks again Steve.

Fantastic day out on the river and it was brilliant to just be out and talk boll*cks with a couple of top flight snooker players, not to mention angling legends. The Hobbies were a real treat - so much so I went back for a walk at Child Beale with my good lady on the Sunday to see them again - they did not disappoint. Looking forwards to the 16th and putting the plans in place that we discussed.

M

Matthew you were most welcome glad you had a good time ,Anderoo the river does look good eh? you going for Roach or Perch first?? Rich table on the boat i iwsh..we met keith an old boy we sometimes fish with who got us into the local mens social club and they have full size tables in there and some very cheap beer .

A Thames fishin sounds great even if it`s you guys come down here for a go and then we pop up your bit....up there second week of the season if you or Andrew or Steve Walker fancy meeting up we moor at Abingdon then Swinford /Pinkhill/Radcot/Rushey and a few other bits on way to lechlade Steve

The weirpool at Abingdon looks very breamy to me.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Anderoo the river does look good eh? you going for Roach or Perch first??

I think probably bream! I really fancy a few lazy sessions plonked in one spot, fishing light feeder gear for the bream shoals. I expect plenty of other species will turn up in the process. I don't think I'll get selective until later in the year, although I am looking forward to more lure fishing for perch with the little soft plastics :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music