Rucksacks

Steve Walker

I've used a Korum rucksack for a couple of years now. Nice and hard wearing, lots of pockets and places to stash things, a rubberised bottom so good for soggy banks and a foil lined compartment on top to keep your bait cool. Also has several clips to attach nets etc.

Steve,

I don't use a backpack (rucksack). Have you looked at a military surplus store. There are some really cool ones laying about at very reasonable prices (at least in the US).

Phone

They seem to be more like hiking rucksacks in military colours. They would be fine for the kind of fishing where you want to carry your gear somewhere, set up camp and unpack, but not really ideal for roving where you want to set it down and pull bits and pieces out of it as needed. Things like the design of the exterior pockets and the absence of a rubberised base count against them. Think suitcase versus toolbox.

http://www.tackledirect.co.uk/acatalog/Fox-_Evolution_Luggage.html

I use a Fox Evolution Stalker Bucket - single strap goes over the head or shoulder.

For my chair (Nash slumber recliner) I tied on two paracord loops to the frame then took an old strap from a holdal and clipped each end to the paracord loops. Unhooking ,at goes in chair (when wet in net).

Rods carried either in a quiver or double rod holder depepnding which ones I take.

The stalker bucket is pricey but I have used mine for years but for roving or walking a distance its ideal, I have taken out clip in liners as I prefer bait tubs. They are very well made indeed.

I was so impressed I bought a fox evoultion rucksack for overnight sessions and a Fox Stalker pod case for my rod pod.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Works well for me

http://www.englandangling.co.uk/displayProduct.asp?prodCode=C00079

Edited by davedave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."