Fishing with kids in Essex/Suffolk......

Oddjob87

You could try trimley carp lakes.

The silver fish are very neglected since being re stocked.

No facilities on site but you can fish two rods.

Tickets from Goslings farm shop in Trimley St Mary (as you come out of trimley on left hand side just before capel hall road and A14) or Tackle up in Felixstowe.

Suffolk Water Park is very good with all facilities you need.

Melton - obviously my tactics worked very well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Urm, yes, well nuth said!!!!!!

Get yourself a copy of Wilson's definitaive guide to fishing in Norfolk and Suffolk, plenty of choice in there.

[ 06. May 2005, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

Edited by RUDD

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Oddjob87:

Hey RUDD, long time no-see! I'll have a think about it but that sounds pretty good, i have tomorrow morning off school, maybe i'll go take a peek. How are you then Buddy?

Not to bad, I had a week in the Pyrennes (france) at my old chaps house which was nice.

Approx 15 quid to fill a full tank of diesel, decent red wine for a quid a bottle, fresh bread, nice cheese, the snow capped mountains, clean air and cool fresh mountain spring water on tap.

Got back and been on the road, bank holiday, first aid course, match at Nacton last sunday, gardening, playing catch up at work (560 crap emails) but at last I am back on track and back on AN.

If you are really getting into your fishing and think you will be doing it for years to come PM me and I will give you Ladywood angling clubs contact details (lakes are in Nacton just east of Ipswich and about 15min away from capel).

Set on estate land in a wooded valley, three pools seperated by shrub and tree lined dams and fed by natural springs.

Plenty of features and unbelivable plant and animal life. Immaculate fishing platforms without a hint of litter, well keep't banks and tracks and a strict but easy set of rules.

Common, mirror, leather, ghost, grass and crucian carp, bream, skimmers, tench, rudd, golden rudd, roach, chub, perch, barbel, one known fan tail, a few gold fish, golden orfe and one bright orange crucian/goldfish hybrid that looks like a perfect crucian apart from the colour!!!!!!!!!!!

All for 55 quid a year

There is a waiting list and it can take up to two years to get in but its worth the wait.

Elton, you got your name down yet???????

[ 06. May 2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: RUDD ]

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Sounds like you've been pretty busy!! I really want to go a bit more often and take it more seriousily, but i leave school in a couple of months and then i'm going to have to go find a job so can't guarantee where i'll end up!! Also my parents are looking to move away so i don't know whether i'll stay or go yet. Thanks for the suggestion though Rudd.

Sounds like you had fun in France anyway, makes you wonder what we're all doing living here sometimes doesnt it?

Well i've only just got up and i have a list as long as my arm of errands to do this morning. Have to go to pick up a parcel, get a few things from Tesocs etc. etc.

Should still get a chance to take a look at Trimley this afternoon sometime, still going tomorrow with the midget as well. Thanks again Rudd, catch up with you later.

Originally posted by RUDD:

[ Immaculate fishing platforms without a hint of litter, well keep't banks and tracks and a strict but easy set of rules.

Common, mirror, leather, ghost, grass and crucian carp, bream, skimmers, tench, rudd, golden rudd, roach, chub, perch, barbel, one known fan tail, a few gold fish, golden orfe and one bright orange crucian/goldfish hybrid that looks like a perfect crucian apart from the colour!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE]

You know what that place needs..... :D

• 5 years later...
Not to bad, I had a week in the Pyrennes (france) at my old chaps house which was nice.

Approx 15 quid to fill a full tank of diesel, decent red wine for a quid a bottle, fresh bread, nice cheese, the snow capped mountains, clean air and cool fresh mountain spring water on tap.

Got back and been on the road, bank holiday, first aid course, match at Nacton last sunday, gardening, playing catch up at work (560 crap emails) but at last I am back on track and back on AN.

If you are really getting into your fishing and think you will be doing it for years to come PM me and I will give you Ladywood angling clubs contact details (lakes are in Nacton just east of Ipswich and about 15min away from capel).

Set on estate land in a wooded valley, three pools seperated by shrub and tree lined dams and fed by natural springs.

Plenty of features and unbelivable plant and animal life. Immaculate fishing platforms without a hint of litter, well keep't banks and tracks and a strict but easy set of rules.

All for 55 quid a year

There is a waiting list and it can take up to two years to get in but its worth the wait.

Elton, you got your name down yet???????

<small>[ 06. May 2005, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: RUDD ]</small>

Hi Rudd,

Cant seem to use the pm,s I used to fish Nacton a few years ago before losing job and have just tackled up again and would love to get back in and fish with my old mates lou Platten & Paul Debnam, I know Albie is no longer with us so dont know who to contact i think it used to be Derek but not 100% any ideas i have my letter and passport photo all ready just need some contact details.

your help would be greatly appreciated

Mick

Hi Rudd,

Cant seem to use the pm,s I used to fish Nacton a few years ago before losing job and have just tackled up again and would love to get back in and fish with my old mates lou Platten & Paul Debnam, I know Albie is no longer with us so dont know who to contact i think it used to be Derek but not 100% any ideas i have my letter and passport photo all ready just need some contact details.

your help would be greatly appreciated

Mick

Hi,

Hope to answer two questions here - first of all Suffolk Water Park traditional lake allows you to park on your peg - open boot and fish - well maintained banks and platforms. One end of the lake has a very well maintained portaloo - even my wife uses it - there is a cafe for food and drinks and toilets - bait is available on site - lots helpful advice from bailiffs and its a day ticket allowing two rods. I have had bream to 6 1/2 LBS tench to 4 1/2 - there are some very nice carp, pike, Rudd and roach in there. You can use either pole or rod. It is very safe, my cousin takes his 4-year-old boy and he is a handful and catches roach on a 2m whip. Take a look at their website and they have a forum for the water park - http://www.suffolkwaterpark.com/

PM me if you want any more info on where to fish and bait etc.

For Mick who wants to fish at Nacton - if you mean the lake in Nacton Woods - i think it is a syndicate water now, i cant remember who controls it - sorry.

Tight lines

Big John